Forum moderator: MrLoathsome 
Forum » Game Servers » Loathsomes Coop Servers » Coop server issue
Coop server issue
gopostalDate: Wednesday, 29-May-2013, 3:11 PM | Message # 26
Private
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Just a quick update.

As you all have seen I put my coop server back up and I've been coding forward on the controller. Right now it runs like crap and I apologize for that, but it's all for a reason. I have created a lot of logging for this next version and the one that is currently on so the server is writing a lot to file. You will get some red box warning as the server itself isn't very powerful and chunks a bit as it writes everything. Just ignore all that and continue to play however you like.

If you do stop by, please take every measure to screw things over. I want you to try to break the controller or find faults with it. Within a week or so I'll have all the logs I need and I can stop all this, improving the server performance greatly. Thanks for hanging in there and helping me. When it's all done I'm going to release everything for anyone to use.

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 30-May-2013, 9:05 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
I will jump on there and test it a bit now.   Sorry I haven't tested it more, but I have been so busy with my latest project I haven't
even played on my own coop servers in months now.

Not sure what I might do in attempts to screw things over for you.    I will just play a bit and see what happens.

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 30-May-2013, 12:04 PM | Message # 28
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Double post time !!!

Made 2 attempts to play on your coop server.    Burned my pizza to a crispy charred circle of the ash while I was doing so.   DOH!

I used the Say command to spout a few observations of what I was seeing in real time.   You may see them in your logs if you are logging that.

Thinking about what was happening, I am guessing you are trying to log pretty much everything.
I never got the red box indicator, but I was totally unable to move at all.   If I hit the fire keys, I got local gun animation
happening, but no projectiles.  (was spawning with ASMD I believe)

2nd try, same deal.   Some birds on the map were flying around fine.    Local HUD stuff working fine/fast.

Only time I have seen a server act that way, was when testing something that has the server cpu pinned, but without causing
any endless loops or crashes.   All the netstats look great.    The server is just cranking so hard it is running in extra slow motion.
But since what you currently have it cranking on doesn't touch anything that gets replicated, netstats will look great, but client is just
stalled waiting for the server to send something.

Wild guess, but it might be close.

Also, what kinda birds were those on that map?     I thought for a moment they were my NewBirds, but then noticed they had much
better colors.   Couldn't get a real good look at them since I couldn't move or turn or anything like that....

Moo

gopostalDate: Thursday, 30-May-2013, 4:26 PM | Message # 29
Private
Group: Checked
Is that the hi-res textures bug? I'll look at the server and see if proper textures are installed or if it has placeholders. We used to see this a lot in MH servers when DieHard was working on his stuff. Do you have them installed?

Edit: I just looked and yes I have the placeholders. I'm fixing it now if you want to try again later this afternoon onwards. You must have the hi res installed. Glad we found this, thank you.

Message edited by gopostal - Thursday, 30-May-2013, 4:32 PM

Forum » Game Servers » Loathsomes Coop Servers » Coop server issue
Page 2 of 2«12
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017