Page 1 of 212»
Forum moderator: MrLoathsome 
Forum » Game Servers » Loathsomes Coop Servers » Coop server issue
Coop server issue
gopostalDate: Wednesday, 19-Sep-2012, 1:46 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Loathe I ran into a problem on the server with a random map I voted after joining the portal map. I got the error "Server refused to send" for the map. You probably need to run though the map files and check the download flags on them (I just had to do this myself). I posted at length on how to do this at Hooks:
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1696&start=10

MrLoathsomeDate: Wednesday, 19-Sep-2012, 7:20 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Do you recall which file it was?

Moo

Chi_Master_PooDate: Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 11:14 PM | Message # 3
Private
Hi,

A Google for an answer to this problem brought me here.

I have this issue on 90% of the maps I try to load . Even files like skins do not seem to re-direct properly.

I am willing to capture logs and send file names but it is going to take a lot of effort to do it that way.

DevNet: Welcomed by server: LEVEL=SkaarjTowerF LONE=0
Log: Resolving ut99.nl...
DevNet: Receiving package 'Male1SkinsUT'
Log: Resolved ut99.nl (31.186.169.164)
DevNet: Receiving package 'Male1SkinsUT'
Log: Pending connect to '69.210.212.204:8887/SkaarjTowerF?Name=PLAYERONE?Class=BotPack.TFemale1?team=0?skin=FCommandoSkins.goth?Face=FCommandoSkins.Cryss?Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleOne?Ov errideClass=' failed; Downloading package 'Male1SkinsUT' failed: Server refused to send 'Male1SkinsUT'
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection0 11/05/12 09:30:31
Exit: WinSock shut down
Warning: Failed to load 'zp09-undergroundfacility': Can't find file for package 'zp09-undergroundfacility'
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture zp09-undergroundfacility.Screenshot': Can't find file for package 'zp09-undergroundfacility'
Log: appRequestExit(0)
Exit: Preparing to exit.

Cheers,

Chi

MrLoathsomeDate: Monday, 05-Nov-2012, 1:43 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
I think something has changed or gone wrong at the redirect. Nothing has been changed in years on the server(s) at all in regards
to how that is all setup.

Did some tests a few weeks back, and it is sending some files, but not others, and I have no idea why at all.
The files are there, it is not the filename case sensitivity issue. I am just baffled.

Only thing I can think of, is that this happens when the max download quota for the redirect is very close to being exceeded
for the month, but I am not sure of that as I don't know where to check that.

Perhaps if AFcore is still around and has a bit of time, he could check into this.

*EDIT

Just checked the server, and it is still requiring some stale ServerPackages that had been commented out long ago
on the "live" server that died this summer. Must have missed those lines when I got the old backup server back online.
MaleSkins1UT is one of those lines.... Thanks for the feedback and for posting the bit from the log file.

Will correct that tonight.

This is different than the issue I was having a while back where the thing was refusing to send oldskool.u

Moo

Chi_Master_PooDate: Saturday, 10-Nov-2012, 0:46 AM | Message # 5
Private
Sorry cry

Log: Pending connect to '69.210.212.204:8877/ThrallVill2?Name=Chi.Master.Poo?Class=BotPack.TMale2?team=0?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Malcom?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo?Overr ideClass=?peer#leavevr' failed; Downloading package 'ThrallVill2' failed: Server refused to send 'ThrallVill2'
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection3 11/10/12 11:24:13
Exit: WinSock shut down

Just to clarify, when I mentioned that it is going to take a lot of effort to do it that way, I wasn't being wus about it, I was just thinking it was more of a global issue.

The owner of the file(s) wasn't changed during a 'cp' command, was it? That can screw up ftp permissions.

I obviously know nothing abut this and am a complete noob.... :-)

Thanks,

Chi

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 11-Nov-2012, 11:32 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
No problem there on your part at all, so don't be sorry. Thanks for the feedback.

The "Downloading package 'Male1SkinsUT' failed: Server refused to send 'Male1SkinsUT' " was due to
server configuration issues. That was my fault.

Will check on this ThrallVill2 file tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

Thanks again.

Mooooo !

Edit. Unknown on the file permissions bit. Using an external redirect we just log into via ftp provided by the host.
The files should be available for download by anybody with the correct URL.

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 15-Nov-2012, 0:22 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Well, I have absolutely no idea why the redirect refuses to send the TrallVill2 file.

It is on the redirect.......

Moo

NelsonaDate: Thursday, 15-Nov-2012, 8:08 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Try to see if file flag to allow downloads is positive or else cannot be sent. Also modifying flag should not be a problem since wasn't sent to anybody - a normal player won't load a ton of files in client (better keep cache). I think is time to set flag properly and recompress it for redirection.

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 16-Nov-2012, 1:31 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant colonel
Every file in the redirect folder is set for Read permissions for anybody.....

Moo

NelsonaDate: Friday, 16-Nov-2012, 8:09 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (MrLoathsome)
Every file in the redirect folder is set for Read permissions for anybody.....

This isn't the trouble source...

Let me give even an example. There is a map for MH named MH-Wasteland meant to keep servers empty. Why is happening this ? Even you have a component file aussieaussie.u.uz in redirect or not, original file aussieaussie.u from server has in header the flag "undownloadable", or something like this. As result nobody can join without that file because it simply is not accepting to be sent and of course player is not redirected to redirect since downloading it is forbidden by file itself - is a crap for SinglePlayer not for servers. Somebody was a bit disturbed about my modifications for such maps but I'm not hosting empty servers, in that time I found a simple solution - removing any call to that file and setting up things correctly.

Check for a small tool named UDL.zip - is posted at Hook and in other place (better google it). This tool was done to set up file flags (is not about redirect) is about file header and server attitude versus sending files chapter.

Look here:
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Package
at almost end of page - Package Flags - might be relevant about what is going on with these "packages".

Message edited by Nelsona - Friday, 16-Nov-2012, 8:21 AM

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 18-Nov-2012, 7:47 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
I am somewhat baffled as to why or how those got changed. I am sure that several files that used to
download did not the last time I tried.

In any case I will not be attempting to transfer thousands of files from the linux server to a windows machine, then running this
utility on them, moving them back, and then compressing them all yet again and putting them back on the redirect.

New answer for anybody getting a "Server Refused to send file" message:

Find the file somewhere, and install it on your machine, then try again.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 18-Nov-2012, 9:28 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
So, UDL not works via Wine under Linux?

MrLoathsomeDate: Monday, 19-Nov-2012, 6:56 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant colonel
Unknown. Don't have wine installed on the dedicated server.

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 09-Dec-2012, 10:17 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Update.

Did a test from a mostly clean UT install the other day. v4.36 patch and oldskool installed, but nothing else.

Every file needed for a number of maps downloaded fine. (And there were a LOT of them....)

Only thing I can think of that would cause the refused to send errors occasionally, would be if we had
exceeded the monthly download bandwidth for the redirect service. Although I didn't think we had been
using that much....

Also regarding the "Not downloadable" header flag buried in the map (or other file).

I have never put anything on the servers with that flag set. I always tested the downloads from redirect on most
everything I have put online over the years. I was unaware of that flag until this thread.....

AFcore added so much new stuff when I turned him loose on the servers with the ECoop gametype, that there are still
probably some maps I haven't tested yet in real play, but I doubt he would have added files to the server or redirect that
had that header flag set.

Moo

gopostalDate: Saturday, 22-Dec-2012, 1:16 PM | Message # 15
Private
I'm sorry I never responded back to this. My life has become...complicated lately.

Nelsona is indeed quite correct in mentioning UDL. When I was running my coop server I found many, many files with the 'do not download' flag set incorrectly on them. There were at least 50+ and it was a right pain to constantly keep them fixed.

In the literature with UDL it mentions that the flag can be changed to allow the download without creating a new file version. I found this to be incorrect and to thoroughly fix the problem I had to create a basket of new packages with the proper flag and add them as newly redirected files in order not to get a mismatch. All was well and good but the problem then became that newly added maps would often replace the fixed file with one that retained the no download flag. This meant checking every file in every map pack that went on the server.

Overall it just became too big a PITA for me and I threw in the towel for coop. I really enjoyed working on the controller and I had some fun ideas planned but server management is just way too much work.

My advice Loathe would be to copy your server to a throwaway spot and run UDL on the entire thing. I think you'll be surprised at the number of files retaining the flag to stop sharing. They are peppered all over the place and it's not an easy fix.

NelsonaDate: Saturday, 22-Dec-2012, 10:05 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant colonel
Um, I even tried to find some Coop stuff to download and to set up a server, eh, but I was thriled how much work is required to have a good Coop server...

gopostalDate: Sunday, 23-Dec-2012, 4:16 AM | Message # 17
Private
Nel if you want I can arrange to send you my entire server zip file. It runs and it's stable and it's loaded with maps. The only problem is sorting the redirect out as I outlined above. I have most of the redirect saved too so I can get you a fully set up server and probably 80% done redirect if you want them. I got quite a lot fixed on the messy controller and it was a lot of enjoyment to work on, much easier and better than MH. You are welcome to anything I have and I'll help you if you need it.

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 23-Dec-2012, 1:23 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant colonel
If you can I'm curious about stuff. Of course I think I'll try map-vote, maybe an end-trigger added at teleports to Vortex not any Coop Portal. Yeah, I want to try other style: You have finished this level, keep going ! or something like this.

First thing to fix for Coop, is stopping monster stupidity to attack itself, LOL. I've seen this 2 times in your coop server. We have a few monsters in these games and we don't want them killed by themselves looking like morons. At least for others.... ? I need to look throught stuff to set up game-type properly (Teamgame ? bTeamGame (Tournament form), Just as deathmatch? TeamGame is not a friend of CreatureFactory as I noticed in a code... I don't think is easier than MH maybe is the same difficulty for what I want to do. Also I have a few friends to be replaced with proper aliases in the same suits and the same colors.

Message edited by Nelsona - Sunday, 23-Dec-2012, 1:33 PM

gopostalDate: Sunday, 23-Dec-2012, 3:33 PM | Message # 19
Private
I'll get you set up today with an FTP account to the server box. You can take the entire server whenever you like. I'll email you.

MrLoathsomeDate: Monday, 24-Dec-2012, 6:47 AM | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
I aint doing nothing with the goddamn redirect.

There were anywhere from 1 to 4 players on the server all day long yesterday, on a bunch of maps.

If the stupid thing refuses to send for whatever reason, the players can just go find the fucking file somewhere themselves.

Been working in IT since the mid 80's. Running printers, SysAdmin for Sys36 and AS400 machines. RPG programmer,
Novell and MS network admin ect ect ect.

I can't find a goddamn job doing anything with computers anymore.

Fuck computers. I think I am done with them.

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Monday, 24-Dec-2012, 6:48 AM | Message # 21
Lieutenant colonel
I hope I lose my last client who lingers on soon, so I can just unplug the goddamn thing and cancel
my internet connection completely.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Friday, 28-Dec-2012, 8:40 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant colonel
Usually I'm not giving up so easy. In fact, I downloaded some Coop stuff. I put everything in a Windows server with all files required by UT99 (editing, runing, serving).

Surprise.... More files are callling variables unexistent in Core... lol, I'll bet they aren't for UT99, others are altered, at least for download file flag now all of them have "yes for download". Another files like "HH..." (HHZombies.u and others) aren't for UT99 having something missing in PostPeginPlay called but unexistent in UT99.

I did these checks without to run a test session yet and already I found a bunch of trashes. First I have to clean the mess before to start a server.

Message edited by Nelsona - Friday, 28-Dec-2012, 8:40 AM

NelsonaDate: Saturday, 29-Dec-2012, 8:15 PM | Message # 23
Lieutenant colonel
Update info.
I studied "ThrallVill2" and next levels for a while (after 8 hours of processing to create redirect) these levels originally done only for SP, not for servers, now are showing their "interesting" stuff.

In level 4 (ThrallVill4) exists some ship in air with a lightened tunnel to teleport player outside (more exactly in that unplayable map named Unreal - as advertising - maybe was needed UT-LogoMap, lol). You know, that last zone with ship and tunel is not very visible ON-LINE, player really have a challenge to see what he need (need more coop and UT experience for deducting the ideea). Eh, I found other one calling Unreal as well. Doesn't matter... is the same mapping style like everywhere...

I'm sitting down to think ...

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 25-Jan-2013, 5:28 AM | Message # 24
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (gopostal)
I'm sorry I never responded back to this. My life has become...complicated lately.Nelsona is indeed quite correct in mentioning UDL. When I was running my coop server I found many, many files with the 'do not download' flag set incorrectly on them. There were at least 50+ and it was a right pain to constantly keep them fixed.

Update on the original "issue" in this thread.  (It got sidetracked a bit there.....)

Problem seems to have resolved itself, without me tweaking flags on files and creating mismatch hell with all the files required from 550+ maps.  (LOL)

The unpredictable Refused to Send errors must have been caused by something at the redirect host, as I suspected, since I took no action at all on the issue.

The last several months there have been a considerable influx of new players on the coop servers, and the few I have questioned on the matter have been having
zero problems.  With either the downloads or current server config.

I have no doubt everything gopostal and nelsona have posted regarding the 'do not download' flag is 100% correct, but those would all be maps/files I have not
put on the server, as I have always attempted to fully test any new stuff, by putting it on the server and redirect, and then making sure it will all download by
connecting via a mostly 'clean' install.    Missions that would fail to download did not get added.   AFcore added a lot of maps and files when he was more active, but
I am real sure he did not make new versions of them all first.....

Also @ GoPo.    Great to see you still lurking and posting over at UT99.org.    Take it easy, and keep getting better.   Play some when you feel up to it.
Maybe see you on one of the servers again.

Moo

gopostalDate: Friday, 25-Jan-2013, 12:10 PM | Message # 25
Private
Quote (MrLoathsome)
Great to see you still lurking and posting over at UT99.org. Take it easy, and keep getting better. Play some when you feel up to it.Maybe see you on one of the servers again.
I really appreciate the kind words Loath. I'm looking forward to getting back into things this spring. I still have a ways to go but it helps a lot to plan forward. This was a brutal thing to have had to endure and I need it to get into the rear view mirror asap, if you know what I mean.

Forum » Game Servers » Loathsomes Coop Servers » Coop server issue
Page 1 of 212»
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017