Monday, 25-Sep-2017  00:00:00
Enhanced Coop  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Enhanced Coop » ECoop Bug Reports » Monster replacement problem... (um....wut?)
Monster replacement problem...
ShivaxiDate: Sunday, 12-Apr-2009, 10:26 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
I noticed a very serious issue with the way the monster replacement works. Apparently, when a monster is replaced, the new monster does not carry over all the tags and events and other things such as Alarm points or patrol points. This is crucial for many map packs due to scripted sequences that rely on things like this. An example would be my own map pack WTF Series 1 which I noticed you just recently added. Thanx to the ghost item however...we were able to complete the pack. Still, it's an issue I believe should be resolved.

CoreDate: Monday, 13-Apr-2009, 4:33 PM | Message # 2
Major
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
HI there,

First thanks for taking the time to register, even though you could use the debug account as mentioned in the Translator's MOTD cool .

About your mappack, I played it a couple of days ago with Jethro and we were able to complete it without using any extra Items like Ghost/Jumpboots, except crouch, wich was a part of the mapflow. On which part of the mappack did this happen?

ECoop has an option to replace configurable custom specified Actors, but that's currently only used to replace Weapons & Ammo.

However, AKcoop2 does some HardCoded (not configurable) replacements on ScriptedPawns with random AKcoop2 monster (evols, dragonflies, icetits etc.).

In both cases though, a replacing Actor is always provided with the replaced Actors' Tag and Event.

In Akcoop2 however, subclass specific variables like OrderObjects / OrderTags for ScriptedPawns etc... are not swapped (uses default ReplaceWith function). But that shoudn't break the map's critical event/tag chains.

This can easily be fixed by writing a small subclass of the AKcoop mutator, with a correct ReplaceWith function. If this is crucial, I might add it to the next version of ECoop or through a separate package, to avoid dependencies.

I'll add the Mappack to the Oldskool server soon, where things like this can't happen, since it only runs ECoop with ERelics. First i want to finish an update to ECoop (working on second, UT-Style HUD).

GJ spotting this bug up ,

.AFcore

ShivaxiDate: Monday, 13-Apr-2009, 8:42 PM | Message # 3
Private
Np mate. Always glad to be apart of a new community =)

This bug happens in wtf2.unr when you must go down the stairs to the force field, triggering the Skaarj behind the force field to run over and shut it off. It is most likely AKCoop2, as I have used it before, and then never again due to bugs like this. (I'd recommend anything over AKCoop2 to be honest. I'll see if I can't get you XCoop for UT) wink

About the crouching: The crouching works fine for me in single player. But if the map's own crouch mutator wasn't enough to get you through the vents online, it must be something in the server. However, there is a file called RealCrouch.ini. Inside there is a scaling factor on just how much it shrinks the player. Try adjusting it to shrink the player a bit more so people will not have to use the crouch item. And no, this will NOT create any mismatches wink

CoreDate: Tuesday, 14-Apr-2009, 0:54 AM | Message # 4
Major
You're welcome wine ,

And yes, i did forget to add the RealCrouch.ini to the server, which caused the default value to be used (0.70), which is obviously too high (0.50 in the ini) lumped .

About the Monster replacement: IIRC, ECoop nor AKcoop replace the skaarj or one of its subclasses. ECoop however, does apply the size randomization on the Pawns. Could it be that the size of the skaarj was too small and the trigger placed too high?

if that's the case i'll make sure ECoop doesn't apply size randomization on SP's that have an OrderObject/OrderTag.

It could also be that the skaarj was killed by a redeemer blast before it had the chance to reach the alarmpoint. We'll need to reply that map on the server one day.

Looking forward to Series 2 - good luck with it,

.AFcore

ShivaxiDate: Wednesday, 15-Apr-2009, 1:50 AM | Message # 5
Private
Thanx. Been working on it non-stop.

And no the Skaarj wasn't to small, it was to big. And it couldn't get blown up, it was behind the force field. What seemed to happen was when I ran down to where the trigger was, all the Skaarj did was stand up and start shooting at us....which was pointless because the force field was there =P So I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I'll give it a test again when i get the chance to see if anything changes.

Added (15-Apr-2009, 1:50 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Just tested again and it worked fine. Not sure what happened last time then =/

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have a u4e2 mismatch when I try to join. So I just renamed it temporarily, but I also noticed that NONE of the U4E weapons seem to work at all in your server, which is strange as they work fine in my own server. U4E2 is included in the download of my Series, so you should have it somewhere. It's the latest version right from U4EBeta5, so there should be no mismatch unless u have an older version perhaps =/

CoreDate: Sunday, 19-Apr-2009, 7:39 PM | Message # 6
Major
This bug was caused by ECoop scaling up/down monsters. some of them would get stuck because of their increased size.

The new ECoop will not resize monsters that are supposed to do special handlings like this or have certain orders. dry

I updated the u4e2 file, but it didn't make the guns work online, except when you quickly start firing inbetween a weaponswitch. I'm not sure if there's a working coop version of u4e. Most sites i found about it where either dead or UT2k4 related.

nvm, got it from oldunreal,

It looks to me that u4e was designed to work for unreal but not for UT. This results in broken NetCode for the weapons, just as with the stock unreal weapons in UT. The only way they can be used is through the method i described above. For now i won't replace or remove them, as they're only used in this mappack. I can always add the necessary entries to the ini to remove or replace them in case players feel bugged by those guns.

Message edited by ecoop - Monday, 20-Apr-2009, 10:22 PM

NelsonaDate: Tuesday, 19-May-2015, 10:30 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Bump, appology but I might be interested/sharing/talk about replacements in order to gain a clean game.

My first attempt in whatever MH2 somehow works - at monster replacement have to be considered a lot of factors (melee damage, projectiles, Screamevents, etc. etc). The problem occurred at a moment was a small location over some lava. Gasbags spawned were moved outside because... they did not had place to be located properly. A friend sent me a crash fragment and I heavily noticed what happened.

Right now I sat down to think at a different technology. I think I'm gonna try a procedure but I wanna know what you think because I want a step by step thing using a timer or such (tick) any helpfull way.
Steps to follow:
- monster is in map (maybe in small place), let creature to breath a while (100 ms ?). Will get weapon if have something to get replacing only those Level based (MyMarker etc.)
- spawn an actor tracker. Tracker will get all data from monster, everything. Once finished info monster will go to deletion. This will take a tick and it won't be a good thing to collide with a new creature which will initialize movement and state - I have noticed such troubles - server crash screwing objects array;
- firing timer or tick + 0.1 deltatime in order to get rid of any trail from old monster. Dynamic load new class matching old item as long as the place is empty.
- inject required defaults to have it spawned properly exactly at old location - force it there as needed based on 0 encroachment with level in default;
- spawn creature and assign drawscale - reinflict dimensions as default Pawn code does;
- if has weapon use addinventory - no bIsPlayer required. Creature being delayed won't drop invisible craps on ground;
- once done job tracker will self-destruct;

Monsters spawning later in Level are about to be easily replaced right in Factories so... I was wondering if I can use this way into MH where are used a bunch of creatures and each of them need a Tracker. Without that exist Maps where monsters might be dead while spawning and operating initialization and this is not good.

Forum » Enhanced Coop » ECoop Bug Reports » Monster replacement problem... (um....wut?)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017