Monday, 24-Jul-2017  00:00:00
Enhanced Coop  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 3 of 3«123
Forum moderator: MrLoathsome 
Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » UTSPfix Discussion (Asked reports test results)
UTSPfix Discussion
MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 10-May-2013, 3:22 AM | Message # 51
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0
- removing double calls to headshots, taunts, and lines non-functional after "super....."
- calling back will reach at GameInfo which is automatically calling ScoreKill so next line is no longer executed;
- testing "Killcount" and "DieCount" for players to not be doubled;

Do I have a call to Super in there somewhere that should not be happening at the Gametype level?
I remember wondering about that, but never got back to looking into it closely.
Let me know where this is in the code and I will check into it.

Will look at the Killcount and DieCount variables also.  Wasn't aware they were being doubled.   If they
are it may be directly related to the extra call(s) to Super.

Note:   For DOM and TDM games, the UTSPFix is basically obsolete now.

MegaDomination has a number of optimizations for both those gametypes.
Still working on the next update for it.    Should be posted soon.

Am experimenting with methods to make the monsters work as a team, without even trying to assign
a TeamID or TeamTag to them at all.    As you have noticed, attempts to do that have mixed results...
Due to "conflicts" between code in ScriptedPawn and TeamGamePlus mostly.  (I think)
I am trying to bypass most of those problems, without doing anything to the scriptedpawns involved other
than some realtime changes to their current objective and a few AI settings that can be adjusted.

So far the results are very encouraging.  Don't look to close at the current source for MegaDomination, as
RC2 will have considerable improvements in it.

The way I am doing this should work with almost any scriptedpawn class.

After I get the MegaDomination/MegaTDM gametypes package working the way I want, I plan on adjusting
the SwarmSpawner code to support the spawning of monsters in team areas.
Not sure yet if I will be able to keep the SwarmSpawner a separate mutator or not yet.  I may have to integrate that
code with the gametype itself for the team area spawning to work correctly.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Friday, 10-May-2013, 7:34 AM | Message # 52
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
For that UTSPfix 5 I studied CTF part (somehow there are more things to solve related to monsters and others. I got other accesed none in killed so I started to track codes line by line. Finally after rewriting and removing doubled things I still saw a problem - rare but happened. Later I found a problem, example:

Code
if ( Other.Spree > 4 )
    {
     if ( Killer.bIsPlayer )
      EndSpree(Killer, Other);
     Other.Spree = 0;
    }

Looks like is good but I still have a problem. Who is "Other" ? Yeah, pawns generally might have spree (any pawn). The problem is to call "EndSpree" for non players based on their replication - non-player doesn't have a replication - Engine.Pawn rules, so other modifications in this code:

Code
if (Other.Spree > 4 && Other.bIsPlayer)

For non-players Spree is not a concern - they are destroyed anyway.
I want to post more, but later, because CTRL+V seems bugged - code is throwed on top not where is cursor, so I have to rewrite them manually and I gotta go soon.

For headshots I found a call based on damage. Good, but later when was involved player and other player I saw a SUPER. Jumping to super, exactly first lines were involved in headshots and later GAMEINFO - DeathMatchPlus calls.

Message edited by Nelsona - Friday, 10-May-2013, 7:42 AM

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 10-May-2013, 9:39 AM | Message # 53
Lieutenant colonel
Hmm.   Will have to check into that.   May have fixed some of those issues with the new code regarding the monsterteam dummy player used for tracking kills by scriptedpawns.

I just got the current version of the MegaDomination and MegaTDM stuff running on my 2 MooCow UT servers.  No cows there now as there is nothing but
default maps (mostly), and very few downloads, all of which are under 64k max.

Default bots, default Unreal monsters being added server-side via Swarmspawner and also BadNews on the MegaDomination server.

Read more here:  http://www.ecoop.tk/forum/6-112-1

Try it and tell me what you think.   Post in that thread there.

I think the BP5*.u files that land in your cache are going to be the RC2 release.    Still have to update the readme, and organize some example files for
SwarmSpawn to use with this before I post it.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Friday, 10-May-2013, 8:47 PM | Message # 54
Lieutenant colonel
That dummy player is not a bad ideea, in fact is a good one. Normally for teaming monsters you can spawn some custom monster and send it in "GameEnded" - not here because indeed you need a name for team and desired pawn should be bIsPlayer - but another Leader can be in the same state. Monsters won't deny teaming if is about a ScriptedPawn. Small trouble - need a recoded monster to ignore everything if health is smaller than 1. Monsters just need Leader without to ask about health or state, Yeah I used this dummy leader to make them convinced about their team, else that 0 health leader will develop ChooseTeamAttack - Accesed None a la Epic. This is how I solved teaming and some nasty errors related to any leader (belongs to MonsterHunt).

NelsonaDate: Saturday, 11-May-2013, 9:51 PM | Message # 55
Lieutenant colonel
And other things, good to know maybe.

I rebuilded for CTF other controller with death meassages for any pawn involving any death. Problem: usual monsters are acting well. Monsters from MonsterSpawn seems to be fixed in more instances - even they are too fixed. When such a monster is corroded or burned or crashed by map I cannot see any death message, which means a return is too early placed with risk to exit server because there is no call to killed function from game core.- I had such troubles fooling with returns. I guess is time to bring monsters using other kind of mod and maybe to continue working at other custom monsters without more fear attitude and hating Bot as human by default.

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 12-May-2013, 11:20 AM | Message # 56
Lieutenant colonel
CTF, is a bit more complex.  

2 reasons I am currently working on Domination/TDM:

1.  I like Domination a lot, and it needs help.

2.  The Domination code is very simple compared to CTF.  Both the default DOM and CTF gametypes
extend TeamGamePlus.   I needed to learn more about how both of them work before I even started
thinking about making the monsters play CTF.

Once I get swarmspawner integrated with the BP5, (MegaDomination/MegaTDM), stuff so it will spawn monsters in the correct team area, I will try to make monsters
play CTF.  (I got some ideas.....)   On the list before that, is to update the RSL mutator so it handles the team spawning for bots and players so it will work with this smoothly.
(Even on maps with no team spawnpoints in them...   If I can....)

If I do make that all work with CTF, it will be just another gametype included in the next MegaSomething release.  (Which will still be class BP5* )

Regarding the death messages.   Haven't done anything new in the BP5 thing for that.   Have you tried testing with the BadMessages mutator running?
I may look at some adjustments there, but actually haven't had time to pay really close attention to that detail in testing yet.  (Some of this stuff I am doing lately needs LOTS of testing.....)

One issue that might be causing you trouble is that almost every other mutator out there does something or another with Scorekill or Killed or PreventDeath......

Thanks again for the feedback Nelsona.   Always helpful.
Either your English is improving, or I am getting better at reading your posts.  smile

Luckily we both speak UnrealScript.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Monday, 13-May-2013, 8:20 PM | Message # 57
Lieutenant colonel
What I have to say, you really did a great A.I. tweak in Domination, I don't have any doubt. Maybe I hunt too many details I don't know, but from my experience with MH bugs I tried to solve other issues (old memories from logs). Some of them I don't think are good to be posted in public, Looks like I solved one of issues which disturbed me for years, freezing an UT99 server - especially at monsters chapter, now I want to recall others...

NelsonaDate: Monday, 13-May-2013, 9:39 PM | Message # 58
Lieutenant colonel
CTF and monsters ?
This is how I'm thinking at subject.
Primary target - indeed, redoing flags. Secondary... hmm spawning some AlarmPoints (new keypoints or NavigationPoints ?) acting the same as originals nearest flags. Monsters triggered will run to alarm (bNoFail=False - might fail) - I don't know if all of them can do this ... so "noob" monsters will guard flag as defenders. I toyed in a map cycling Alarms and they constantly ran between alarms (shooting even a target during this time - and returning to their race).

You have a different solution ?

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 14-May-2013, 3:36 AM | Message # 59
Lieutenant colonel
I might have a different solution, but currently it is only in my head.    This sort of thing takes a lot of testing and can take a bit of time.

Going to look at that after I get those other things updated.

Moo

Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » UTSPfix Discussion (Asked reports test results)
Page 3 of 3«123
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017