Sunday, 23-Jul-2017  00:00:00
Enhanced Coop  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 3«123»
Forum moderator: MrLoathsome 
Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » UTSPfix Discussion (Asked reports test results)
UTSPfix Discussion
NelsonaDate: Friday, 22-Jun-2012, 7:07 AM | Message # 26
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
So, seems to be ok if monsters are in a team. I already did almost the same thing and suddenly some errors related to combat states are gone happy . I just gave them a TeamID and TeamTag.

Message edited by Nelsona - Friday, 22-Jun-2012, 7:09 AM

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 08-Jul-2012, 12:52 PM | Message # 27
Lieutenant colonel
I think Monsters Team are scoring for killing themselves. I joined in a random TDM match and already they had 40 points, red and blue teams starting at 0. I think is good to avoid scoring if match isn't started yet.

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 08-Jul-2012, 2:48 PM | Message # 28
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
That is adjustable via one of the ini config variables.

bScoreSPvsSP=True

Change that to false, and The Monster Team will not score when monsters kill each other.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 08-Jul-2012, 7:33 PM | Message # 29
Lieutenant colonel
My fault, I didn't noticed this in INI. I think I'm getting older... Is fixed now.

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 24-Jul-2012, 8:45 AM | Message # 30
Lieutenant colonel
Have you been testing this out much? Any bug reports?

So far I have just discovered 1 minor glitch in the UTSPFix AS_SP gametype.
If you set bScoreTeamKills=True, it adds monster kills to the Team score, but fails
to update the players score.... Minor glitch that doesn't really break anything, but
it will be fixed at some point. Probably just a bracket out of place or something. Should
be an easy fix. Haven't looked at the code in a few weeks now, just been testing on the servers.
(It was working right in testing at one point damnit...)

Other than that, the only things I will be looking at when I get back to it, is in the TDM_SP gametype.
Minor details with team balancing. (Want to see if I can make it work with the Autofill mutator a bit nicer...)
Also will spend some more time seeing if I cant get the bSpawnInTeamArea option working right for any
amount of teams. (2, 3 or 4...)

Will probably be a few weeks, or even a month or 2 before I get back to it.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Wednesday, 25-Jul-2012, 9:46 PM | Message # 31
Lieutenant colonel
I played a few matches, not so many indeed but I wasn't bugged any more by strange things. I'm a bit busy looking at weaponry (default UT vs OLD modified for Net, but I think they are causing more troubles than expected starting with meshes and Multiskins, argh). I'm gratefull for these mutators and new game-types for a few reasons: I looked at deal with functions in controllers (nice work - my work is still pretty loaded), also I tested all Skaarj possible, replacing their weaponry with UT stuff by DMMutator seems to be OK for these games. I really want to redo other "OLD" weapons for them but solving some codes right from Default UT which seems to not fail (98% works). I don't know if I can use old meshes for them because they are simply faulted or even fake (Quadshot made me angry almost two years ago when I looked for different solutions)

First point (a nasty one) Automag - ported to OLDAutomag
Enforcer has a place-holder and is coded different - OLDAutomag has a pickup querry which is not only bugged (Shrimp didn't fixed nothing just changed the bug angry ), but started to piss me off. Bots chapter ? I like them not love them but they return each time a crappy Rateself Accesed none for each of those OLD..., heck.

Eh, I appologise for too much noise, but speaking about UTSPfix5, playing some games triggered me to complete a few maps (CTF, DM) not really Assault.
Why I was dissapointed ? CTF and DM seems to have the same problem like MH: NOOB MAPPING Invasions, they are out of range speaking about maps playable with Bots (and monsters). For the moment I keep a few defaults and later done (in 2000 years not latest craps). A single crash occured for collision reasons (another bug described in a few places, I don't know if exist links still alive). I forced chunks at insane levels - NO crash. Conclusions: These game-types are much better than any others.

For team balancing I couldn't notice anything because each time a player joined entered in my team and others not showed up (he wanted to play with me or I simply don't know why he preferred my team). I didn't tried any team-change, anyway changing teams more times is annoying (crappy ranks, stats, teams, only bullshits) scoring part I think has other bugs as well (a player entered in game shouldn't change team for no reason - I think automatic team assigning is somehow good or not, or only one team-change allowed - Is this messed ? Eh, player might change team when is almost to lose game to be winner, etc.). Players are very few in this case (Heavy to be browsed these games) and bugs or whatever scoring cannot be tested so well (I cannot test them so much). Also, they never spent too much time playing (maybe I set too many monsters or bots are too skilled for their ping, I don't know).
Need more time to test everything.

bSpawnInTeamArea = .... Maybe is good or not good. In my recoded MH I ruined this crap because is bugging console with idiotic messages. Is about a single team not more teams, I don't know why Mr. Shrimp used these codes from Team-Games without to change them properly and without get rid of useless lines of codes. For games with more than one team might be logic but playing CTF-Face with 4 teams I don't know if this is the best ever setting.

Next subject in my target: Nothing should happens if game isn't started yet, different codes runing in an empty server is just an useless load. I'll check what is about bStartMatch variable, it seems to show if game was started or not, I think I'll use that in my timer.

Message edited by Nelsona - Wednesday, 25-Jul-2012, 10:20 PM

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 26-Jul-2012, 10:18 AM | Message # 32
Lieutenant colonel
Good feedback. I will try to address some of your points.

Re: The weapons with scriptedpawns/bots and this:
Quote (Nelsona)
Why I was dissapointed ? CTF and DM seems to have the same problem like MH: NOOB MAPPING Invasions, they are out of range speaking about maps playable with Bots (and monsters).

As long as those issues are the same with the default gametypes as they are with UTSPFix5, that means things are working right.
(as far as UTSPFix5 is concerned...)

All those problems are in the weapon, pawn or map code.
Testing fixes for them with UTSPFix5 should be easier, as the log files will be much easier to read.

Re: Team Balancing & bSpawnInTeamArea.

Both of those are only issues for UTSPFix5 in the TDM_SP gametype.
I won't be adding support here for any 3 or 4 team CTF stuff.
And current version works same as default for 2 teams.

Quote (Nelsona)
Next subject in my target: Nothing should happens if game isn't started yet, different codes runing in an empty server is just an useless load. I'll check what is about bStartMatch variable, it seems to show if game was started or not, I think I'll use that in my timer.

That is a problem I noticed, after release, for both the TWT_Zombies5 and NewBirds/Bats pawns.
IF you have the ini/config settings such that they will attack each other or other scriptedpawns, they will
do so before the game has started, even on an empty server.
I don't even think I could fix that issue with UTSPFix. It would need to be fixed in the pawns state code.

In the event I update either of those in the future, I will add some code to prevent that.
Unless you are adding very large numbers of them, it does not seem to cause significant load on the server, but
it will be more than what should be happening on an idle server...

Thinking about it more, just right now, that does need to be fixed for both of those.....

So far, both in testing and in "live" use on my servers, I have been adding both the zombies and birds/bats to games via mutators
that periodically add more of them to whatever level I have set. So it didn't matter much if they were killing each other prematurely, as
more would always spawn.

I should fix that so that mappers will be able to add those pawns to maps with whatever settings they want, without having to think about
if the settings they have chosen will cause the pawns to kill each other off or put a load on an empty server.
That is now on my list I suppose...

Moo

NelsonaDate: Thursday, 26-Jul-2012, 10:23 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant colonel
If I've seen correctly, some mutators are spawning monsters using a timer for checks. I think something like "Level.Game.bStartMatch" should hook if game isn't started or not to return timer from checks and spawning monsters, even for other mutators with a timer but I want to see the right value, or simply I'll create one to have the right result. Yeah, I think in MH will be piece of cake to create a value in controller tested later in BaseMutator VIA timer to not perform anything if game is not started.
Anyway here I think something isn't OK:

Code

function StartMatch()
{  
  local Pawn P;
  local TimedTrigger T;

if (LocalLog != None)
   LocalLog.LogGameStart();
  if (WorldLog != None)
   WorldLog.LogGameStart();

ForEach AllActors(class'TimedTrigger', T)
   T.SetTimer(T.DelaySeconds, T.bRepeating);
  if ( Level.NetMode != NM_Standalone )
   RemainingBots = 0;
  GameReplicationInfo.RemainingMinute = RemainingTime;

bStartMatch = true; //Now is True

// start players first (in their current startspots)
  for ( P = Level.PawnList; P!=None; P=P.nextPawn )
   if ( P.bIsPlayer && P.IsA('PlayerPawn') )
   {
    if ( bGameEnded ) return; // telefrag ended the game with ridiculous frag limit
    else if ( !P.IsA('Spectator')  )
    {
     P.PlayerRestartState = P.Default.PlayerRestartState;
     P.GotoState(P.Default.PlayerRestartState);
     if ( !P.IsA('Commander') )
     {
      if ( !RestartPlayer(P) )
       P.GotoState('Dying'); //failed to restart player, so let him try to respawn again
     }
    }
    SendStartMessage(PlayerPawn(P));
   }

for ( P = Level.PawnList; P!=None; P=P.nextPawn )
   if ( P.bIsPlayer && !P.IsA('PlayerPawn') )
   {
    P.RestartPlayer();
    if ( P.IsA('Bot') )
     Bot(P).StartMatch();
   }
  bStartMatch = false; //Lol, in end is False.
}

- section from DeathMatchPlus -
First is set to true and later to false, any value undefined first time is false or 0 or something null, later we have to deal with it, but in this case seems to remain false. I think should be even other way, adding something in TakeDamage. Since someone inflicted damage to another one this means the game is running. Also we know when game is ended looking at bGameEnded.
Code

if ( Level.Game.bGameEnded )
   return;

I'm using this in my timer to cap any check if game is over.

Yes, only Bot has a function for a started game, even it won't call Attraction code until game is started. Other pawn doesn't know if game is or isn't started. Maybe other custom pawns.

You asked for any issues. Well, is not about UTSPFix5 in purpose, I played with zombies. I noticed a small flaw. I was ambushed in a small place by 4-5 zombies (Zombie5 if I remember my settings) blocking me. Since I had Flak in my inventory I just slaped them down. But, they were gone in heaven and I was still blocked, I couldn't move at all. The only way to unlock myself was translocator. Other major problems weren't so noticeable, I think I need to slow down the chunks to be more realistic, I exagerated a bit the settings.

Message edited by Nelsona - Thursday, 26-Jul-2012, 10:40 PM

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 03-Aug-2012, 2:30 AM | Message # 34
Lieutenant colonel
You have indeed seen correctly. The swarmspawner mutator will start spawning before bStartMatch. That is on the list.
Have you seen this issue when adding monsters with anything else? Or is it just when you are using the swarmspawner?

I would have to look further into that StartMatch function, and do tests with some logging to figure out what exactly
is going on there and when. Would prefer to find an alternate way to determine if the match has started, so I wouldn't
have to mess with StartMatch at all. TakeDamage would be my last choice for that, just because it will be called so much.
There must be a better way. (Will look for that when I get back to messing with code....)

Re: The zombies issue.
Were the carcasses still there? Or were you blocked after having blown up the carcasses?

The zombies have a chance that they will rise from the dead after having been killed.
When that is going to occur, the carcass will not blow up, and will block you. They will not
take damage until they are done rising from the dead and start moving again.

Those calculations are done randomly each zombie death, so it is remotely possible that all the
zombies that were blocking you might have been about to get back up....

*Edit.

And again, good feedback. I think if I patch up the swarmspawner to address this, most of these issues will
disappear. It is encouraging that you haven't found any problems with UTSPFix5 other than the few things I
have on my list for that already.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Wednesday, 08-Aug-2012, 7:39 AM | Message # 35
Lieutenant colonel
Anyway is not a big deal that block with zombies, teleporting using Translocator saved me even in ambushes.

As I noticed, working with a new game-type full featured might deliver results based on example calls:
[MyCustomGame(Level.Game). bSomeBoolean]

This might help a lot to not do anything if game has been ended or isn't started yet. Will avoid a bunch of processes runing in empty servers. Attempting something like this using only mutators won't deliver always good results. Maybe (I repeat) spying if is a victim (meaning the game is started - creating a boolean value in mutator). Since I have a game-controller in my hand I created my own boolean bStartedMatch helping me in timer related to: MonsterHunt2(Level.Game).bStartedMatch

SwarmSpawner until this moment didn't gave me headaches, maybe I exagerated number of monsters (zombies especially) but as I said, in maps selected by me and defaults nothing bad happens. I noticed usage of PlayerCanSeeMe, also I boosted chunks to insane level and no trouble either. Anyway testing different bullshits (coding attempts to fix already done bad stuff) made me to notice the option to make a trigger useless depends on PostBeginPlay - yeah, is awsome to see engine malfunctions based on a PostBeginPlay ruining more things. If somebody (including me) is crying for different assumed native bugs this means is a problem with: MAP, GAME-TYPE, SOME FUNCTION hidding a crappy code, etc. This UTSPfix is a good lesson for me, no special wild stuff "recreated" for Network (including new "akimbo" inventions). No other mapping dumb ideeas, no wild A.I. codes (FindSpecialAttractionFor() defined totaly out of native Bot support code), if I want to do a game cloning more or less Coop, SP, MH, etc. I have to rework all old stuff using TOURNAMENT RULES or else will seriously affect something even breaking engine and developing assumed native bugs which in fact not exist (or aren't a real problem), were just nicely created or at least ugly boosted.

Message edited by Nelsona - Wednesday, 08-Aug-2012, 7:41 AM

NelsonaDate: Saturday, 01-Sep-2012, 11:30 PM | Message # 36
Lieutenant colonel
Back for a few moments, without to hunt accesed nones or other bad things in purpose, without to use Assault, I just played good games very nice, CrashFolder is almost empty - a single crash based on ... nvm - isn't fixable - depends on admin option - configuration is changed now and no crash occured with new options. This UTSPfix5 seems to be well done.

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 21-Oct-2012, 11:35 PM | Message # 37
Lieutenant colonel
Good... After more tests using Zombies and a BadNews version, I modified swarm spawning configuration. I switched to normal monsters in INI.

Hm... I lost some matches because of monsters, other team with Bots won because of monsters. A bot runing with my flag wasn't really stopped by monsters, but I was under heavy attack. Even with a small mutator done to make some noise I did not find good results... I think I'll redo a controller with a more proper attack (maybe a configurable range).

Their options (for Bot under attack) are going to be in Attraction (for me is more normal). Me, human I trigger monsters. Bot as A.I. will trigger monsters based on his own routines. Is a prety aggressive code but deliver better results in MH and I think I'll put some fight for these defaults, and later I want to see strong tests. Setting attitude for Bot is not bad, problem is with monsters, for them Bot seems a bit invisible in triggering chapter. I tested some codes and looks interesting.

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 02-Nov-2012, 11:45 PM | Message # 38
Lieutenant colonel
Let us know if you come up with anything.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Saturday, 03-Nov-2012, 7:49 AM | Message # 39
Lieutenant colonel
If things are still going to be OK with my job (or close to OK) I'm gona work at some controller a bit modified - if not I have to quit using certain things money consumers.

First of all the game doesn't have many players if cannot be browsed by default browser (CTFGame). I'll do the same as I did with MH but without using a few values meant to develop accesed none calling original game - new class with small modifications based on default. I want to subclass TeamGamePlus to CTFGame2 and later I'll throw a new empty class CTFGame subclassing my CTFGame2 to be browsed normally by anybody who is browsing using normal TAB not all servers. This will surely open more options for the game (some tutorials are describing a few rules in developing a new game-type - subclass TeamGamePlus). Also I have to check options related to Flag Bot Monster - In Bot code we don't have a bunch of options and I have to take care of this.

For sure in triggering Monster Vs Bot to make things harder when is runing with Flag and being busy (too busy) to bring it home, A small sequence placed in Attraction will do the right thing (first I want to finish all details in a reworked MH, and later to port a few lines in a new CTF(2)). I cannot say is an easy job, but I want to try at least a modified CTF rebuilded for using monsters...

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 7:36 AM | Message # 40
Lieutenant colonel
Yes, I just noticed that a few weeks back. Seems the only place any of the UTSPFix gametypes show up is in the UT Servers tab, that
shows all servers in one list.

As you mention, that is easily fixed. That is on the list of changes that will be made if/when I find time to get back to playing with
the code.

Let me know if you have any luck with your changes to Attraction.

As it is, you will have slightly better results with Monster VS Bot if you run the latest BadNews version, but they still arent as aggressive as
I would like them to be. (They only look for another enemy after the current one is killed, or if they get hit by some stray fire.....)

Moo

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 8:43 AM | Message # 41
Lieutenant colonel
I worked yesterday a bit. Using different classes and final class CTFGame seems to break some calls from flag, I needed other solution. Maybe you will find ideea as being bad one but worked as I noticed in a few tests:
Code

class CTFGame extends Botpack.CTFGame;

Now is named the same and game root is the same - functions requiring monsters were modified. Until this moment I read more good things: "Arachne was succesfully hacked by a SkaarjLord". Heck, I think is a charm, Btw I redefined some dead messages in default properties and I implemented a few broadcast messages in controller - monsters killed by environment - monsters killed by themselves or other monsters accidentally or not. Monsters attack Bots if no enemy is around or randomly switching through players and Bots. I have to see if I can adjust a better value to randomize more. Attraction is redefined using a few lines used in MH and keeping the rest of mission code unchanged
Code

function bool FindSpecialAttractionFor(Bot aBot)
{
   local Pawn P;
   local ScriptedPawn S;
   if ( aBot.LastAttractCheck == Level.TimeSeconds )
    return false;

for (P=Level.PawnList; P!=None; P=P.NextPawn)
   {
   S = ScriptedPawn(P);
    if ( S != None && S.Health > 0)
    {
    if (S.IsA('Nali') || S.IsA('Cow') || VSize(aBot.Location - S.Location) > 4500)
               continue;
    if (S.LineOfSightTo(aBot))
    if (S.Enemy == None || FRand() >= 0.85)    //Monsters need to attack if no enemy or random switching through hunters
     {      //but not very often
     if ((!S.Region.Zone.bWaterZone && !aBot.Region.Zone.bWaterZone )
       || (aBot.Region.Zone.bWaterZone && !S.Region.Zone.bWaterZone && S.bHasRangedAttack)
       || (!aBot.Region.Zone.bWaterZone && S.Region.Zone.bWaterZone && S.bHasRangedAttack)
       || (S.Region.Zone.bWaterZone && aBot.Region.Zone.bWaterZone))
      {
      S.Hated = aBot;
      S.Enemy = aBot;
      S.GotoState('RangedAttack','ReadyToAttack');
      if (FRand()>0.4)
       aBot.enemy = S;
      }
     }
    }
   }

aBot.LastAttractCheck = Level.TimeSeconds;

Of course I worked to a custom mutator (call monsters to not mess them up), today I have to complete features to open doors (for maps like CTF-Coret), because monsters are free to travel and to kill anybody who is too busy with the Flag.

Message edited by Nelsona - Sunday, 04-Nov-2012, 8:49 AM

MrLoathsomeDate: Monday, 05-Nov-2012, 1:34 AM | Message # 42
Lieutenant colonel
Very interesting stuff. Will have to do a bunch of testing to be sure of course, but if it all works well, might have
to include it in the next UTSPFix version. (With extra credits in the readme file for Nelsona of course)

Look at the source code for BadNews & BadMessages mutators to see some of what I was trying to do regarding fixes
to kill messages. It is not perfect, but seems to work as I wanted.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Monday, 05-Nov-2012, 8:07 AM | Message # 43
Lieutenant colonel
Sir, I'm not hunting any credit, is not a must be... but let's talk about other things.

I added kill messages in scorekill. Where things are supposed to be wrong - "return;" not before to Broadcast a kill by other pawn or by environment. If anyone die I can see this as well - of course killing 3 pupaes and 2 enemy bots = killing spree by default.

I noticed to be small troubles at using CTFGame. Doesn't matter which strategy I'm using, something is doubled called from flag I guess (has a timer) because even without tons of accesed nones things seeems somewhere blocked (More gore seems to be decreased in intensity). I think I'll give-up using CTFGame as class or I have to redo flags and to replace defaults. Also I noticed a crash - I'm wander if was crash because it looks more like a normal exit than a crash. Something triggered the exit without to see any bad (critical) message as supposed surprised .

NelsonaDate: Monday, 05-Nov-2012, 6:42 PM | Message # 44
Lieutenant colonel
Back, for a few "small details" I looked for other thing which frustrated me. Now is solved. If a pupae in a small place ambushed me and killed me I saw a message about "killing myself", very untrue. I removed this original ideea, lol, I was "suicided" by pupae wacko .

In original propagated from DeathMatchPlus:
Code

if ( Other.Spree > 4 )
     EndSpree(Killer, Other);    
    Other.Spree = 0;

Version fixed:
Code

if ( Other.Spree > 4 && Killer.bIsPlayer)
      EndSpree(Killer, Other);    
     Other.Spree = 0;

I'll see what anything else can be solved.

Message edited by Nelsona - Monday, 05-Nov-2012, 6:47 PM

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 11-Nov-2012, 0:38 AM | Message # 45
Lieutenant colonel
Let me tell a small information. Last crash at UTSPfix was done by an awsome SkaarjBerserker. The same reason (like a crash cloned) crashed MH today.

I think we can debate monster replacement problem even here because already crashed this game too and replacement is a need to be.

1) Sir Core did some function, hm, I looked at it but I'm not agree with things occured there. I have in my MH a message when a monster is dying suddenly based on environment (any death). Things were wrong when fresh spawned creatured felt out, line with "bCollideWorld=False" is not welcomed;
2) I scan mesh, health, animframe, etc. to transfer all old data for new pawn (this one - warning - by default has no collision with anything). New pawn will spawn, once received data for cloning old, will receive normal collision parameters. Why is necesary this trick ? Because 2 monsters stupid placed in map colliding each-other will suppress spawning of any monster in that location making replacement impossible and losing monsters (even counted - this is not welcomed as well);
3) Job is not finished yet - ANY ThingFactory spawning losers need to be attacked in PostBeginPlay changing prototype with the same desired class or else you don't want to see what is going to happen.

Was 10 times easier to deal with a new monster than dealing with entire replacement work, but finally I checked more instances (spawned later and placed in map by default) and things seems OK. Number of pawns in a default game unchanged is matching perfectly with new technology from new game. The only problem out of my skills seems the deal with original name of monster...

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 11-Nov-2012, 8:23 AM | Message # 46
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (Nelsona)
In original propagated from DeathMatchPlus:
Code

if ( Other.Spree > 4 )
EndSpree(Killer, Other);
Other.Spree = 0;

Version fixed:
Code

if ( Other.Spree > 4 && Killer.bIsPlayer)
EndSpree(Killer, Other);
Other.Spree = 0;

I'll see what anything else can be solved.

That looks like it will work well and solve that problem. I hope to find time to get back to looking
at some UScript again. Hopefully in the next month.

Nuff over at UT99.org has fixed the transparency issues with the MoreBlood mutators decals, so I am going to look
at an update to that 1st. (I am going to merge MoreGore LGE with it...)

Next on the list will be an update for UTSPFix.

Not sure what is going on with the SkaarjBerserker crash or the monster replacement issues. Will have to get back to it, and
do more testing just to see if I can recreate what I think you are talking about.

I know monster names can be adjusted. Gasbags have been "Shitshooters" on my coop server for so long now, I have forgotten how or
where it was even set. happy

Moo

NelsonaDate: Tuesday, 19-Feb-2013, 0:34 AM | Message # 47
Lieutenant colonel
Hi, I'm back a bit. Speaking about Bot control I tested other kind of technology hooked right from PlayerPawn during a bug hunt.

I modified FindPathToward(AnActor) with FindPathTo(AnActor.Location). Eh, it seems to works pretty well - Bot have an interest to collect ammo before to keep going (looks like is following all nodes) - I curious how is acting for bad placed inventories.

Message edited by Nelsona - Tuesday, 19-Feb-2013, 0:34 AM

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 21-Feb-2013, 6:59 AM | Message # 48
Lieutenant colonel
Good info Nelsona, and also good timing.    After quite a long break, I just started messing with some UT stuff this week.

Just got started tonight on an update to MoreBlood, with those fixed decals.   Going to make an attempt to integrate the
latest MoreGore code with it, and perhaps a few other tweaks before I release it.

I will take a look at FindPathToward(AnActor) with FindPathTo(AnActor.Location) to see if they can be useful with UTSPFix and some
of the other things I have on my list.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Thursday, 21-Feb-2013, 8:36 AM | Message # 49
Lieutenant colonel
I modified another kind of MH controller with that Vector addressing to see how is working since in playerpawn (human) is used that, yes, in local play combining RememberSpot with ShowPath seems interesting. I haven't used it so much because by default not works ON-LINE. I was thinking for CTF runing a bigger map not so known to help player in finding Home-Flag (for defending) or Enemy-Flag (for attack) without to be frustrated looking at Bots how well can manage navigation.
After this check I was curious to see if Bots might enjoy this player code or not. They can. During my play with this functions I noticed a slow A.I. controller in MH and I wanna rework that chapter as I consider. Is about a double "foreach AllActors" called each attraction code (each second) which aren't faster at all. Once discovered an objective, "foreach" shouldn't be used any more, is messing up speed and make things bad for orientation in heavy paths. I'll set a function to sort a Destination and to keep it until is touched without to sort it constantly. For CTF is simple, there aren't 100 flags, code works faster (original by Epic), for this reason they can manage even hard paths as long as they exist combined with AlternatePath and boosting Navigation. I'm keep digging to see what can be tuned well.

NelsonaDate: Wednesday, 08-May-2013, 10:00 PM | Message # 50
Lieutenant colonel
Now let me return to this subject - original games redone for monsters.

I think I'll break my MH work for a while, I wanna toy a bit with Flags and monsters company.

Credits are for ideea and base code done by LoathSome. What I have to work ?
- implementing a bit of Skaarj support (or some fake support) - not for combining weaponry stuff;
- adding kill messages for all pawns including monsters killed by lavas, ect - done;
- removing double calls to headshots, taunts, and lines non-functional after "super....." - calling back will reach at GameInfo which is automatically calling ScoreKill so next line is no longer executed;
- testing "Killcount" and "DieCount" for players to not be doubled;
- rebuilding FirstBlood for all kind of first killed pawn by any player;
- rebuilding other BaseMutator to gain some speed (decreasing frequency for different actors which aren't cool at 100 and works fine even at 10);
- ect ?

Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » UTSPfix Discussion (Asked reports test results)
Page 2 of 3«123»
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017