Thursday, 23-Nov-2017  00:00:00
Enhanced Coop  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 3123»
Forum moderator: MrLoathsome 
Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » UTSPfix Discussion (Asked reports test results)
UTSPfix Discussion
NelsonaDate: Monday, 06-Feb-2012, 4:44 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
About these game-types included for having a party with monsters in default matches I saw the request in a forum to send some feedback related to whatever small issues.

Begin:
Once I visited and heavily translated a webpage from Japan to download for free some tools. One of those tools UTToolbox showed me a problem. I thought before to use it that monsters are boosted in health but was not that.

In the game CTF SP - the damage from player to a monster is smaller than damage to other player from oponent team (talking about classic, hardcore (my settings) and turbo) monsters are affected only by default damage, even DamageAmplifier has not increased effect against monsters (maybe something is wrong in function ReducedDamage), this issue is not present in TDM SP or DM SP. Also I think will be better to direct broadcast monsters killed by any pawn directly in Scorekill as long as we have a Killer. 41_BadMessages_v1 not worked in this case.

Good to know - a bullet from enforcer returned in hardcore setting to other player some 25 Damage - for a monster in the same game returned 17 damage, etc. Some damage × 1.5 would be better to be in this case.

I tested this package (more CTF combined) and I used MonsterSpawn304 and BerserkMonsters3.0 as server-actor to put up a good fight. Speaking about some accesed nones ? This mod is a charm. I saw accesed nones only at killing monsters with Translocator - bad coded by Epic.

Thank you !

Message edited by Nelsona - Monday, 06-Feb-2012, 4:56 PM

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 07-Feb-2012, 2:18 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Thanks for the feedback.

Just last week I also noticed the difference in Damage in CTF games. The Zombies I have been working on require an extra shake or 2 on the
player to kill them than they do in DM matches. So the issue is in both directions.

I suspect your guess regarding ReducedDamage is correct, although I am not sure if it is actually an error or not. Perhaps Epic set it that way on
purpose for some reason.

NelsonaDate: Tuesday, 07-Feb-2012, 7:35 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Um, I told about ReducedDamage because I saw that only in CTF SP controller, I was interested in 3 types CTF TDM and DM, I didn't looked at AS and DOM. At least how is acting the code, if I understood well a monster instigated by environment or other pawn will get damage, not Damage × SomeValue, just Damage. Try to remove instigated by somebody part. I think is not a problem with unkillable monsters since TDM didn't created any bug. Of course I won't spawn default Skaarjs - their weaponry is removed by DMMutator and they may remain players stoling shields relics having some player properties.

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 07-Feb-2012, 9:12 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Try using the Dropper mutator instead of MonsterSpawn. Not sure how MonsterSpawn sets that value.....

NelsonaDate: Tuesday, 07-Feb-2012, 8:12 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
I'll see how is working Dropper. Default configuration of MonsterSpawn was not bad at all until this moment, even monsters are tweaked a bit. WarlordRocket is better visible, also SlithProjectile, this seems to be a common problem for other people too. I also coded other WarlordRocket when I ran a MH server based on MercRocket but with accesed none error solved using default mesh but a different formula with explosion decal and so on, even I declared all projectiles with SimulatedProxy at RemoteRole chapter (some of them were anoying with DumbProxy). I was thinking to some decals for this UTSP type (How about MonsterShadow), I'm sure that Mr. Core can help and/or give some suggestions. Also I was thinking at some mutator called by game, something like DMMutator automatically called by default UT games but different done for enhancements at monsters:
Small example:

function AlwaysKeep.....

if (Other.IsA('ScriptedPawn')
{
Something related to relevancy (OddsOfAppearing ? bSuperRelevant ?)
return True;
}

Anything related to this ... Maybe is usefull to try...

Message edited by Nelsona - Tuesday, 07-Feb-2012, 8:22 PM

NelsonaDate: Wednesday, 07-Mar-2012, 3:15 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Returning to this mod.

Hm, I noticed other thing. Player joined later after some minutes, if is killed by a monster before FirstBlood, seems to respawn with 0 health and is not so hunted by any enemy bot or monster (totaly ignored but he can kill anything with default inventory - he cannot pick up something). Indeed comiting a suicide will restore order with 100 health. Something is missing here, maybe indeed is necesary an expanded DMMutator containing ModifyPlayer function to take care at player's health, or I don't know if other function can solve this problem. Maybe need a killed function redefined for FirstBlood drew by a monster, maybe need to keep it False until a player is killing something.

I thing I'll try to attach a small mutator attempting a fix.

I still used MonsterSpawn because contains monsters fixed (won't return a megabunch of accesed nones in combat states) and it spaws monsters randomly returning some difficulty and fun.

Btw, I used Dropper for a small MH party. You know what was funny ? A cow killed dropped a SniperRifle (default PlayerInventory). I never knew that a freaky cow may have something like a player. Such things were attempted to be fixed in certain UTJMH versions but the wrong move for them was to add Skaarj in Player's Team. Heh, some things related to monsters are still interesting and not really meant to be forget.

Message edited by Nelsona - Wednesday, 07-Mar-2012, 3:16 PM

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 9:10 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
Quote (Nelsona)
Hm, I noticed other thing. Player joined later after some minutes, if is killed by a monster before FirstBlood, seems to respawn with 0 health and is not so hunted by any enemy bot or monster (totaly ignored but he can kill anything with default inventory - he cannot pick up something). Indeed comiting a suicide will restore order with 100 health. Something is missing here, maybe indeed is necesary an expanded DMMutator containing ModifyPlayer function to take care at player's health, or I don't know if other function can solve this problem. Maybe need a killed function redefined for FirstBlood drew by a monster, maybe need to keep it False until a player is killing something.

I have also seen that happen, just a handful of times on rare occasions. Not sure if it is related to the UTSPFix or not. I think I remember seeing the
same thing before I wrote or started using that. Will have to do some testing to make sure it is not caused by a mutator, or if it is an issue with Epic
code.

I still used MonsterSpawn because contains monsters fixed (won't return a megabunch of accesed nones in combat states) and it spaws monsters randomly returning some difficulty and fun.

Btw, I used Dropper for a small MH party. You know what was funny ? A cow killed dropped a SniperRifle (default PlayerInventory). I never knew that a freaky cow may have something like a player. Such things were attempted to be fixed in certain UTJMH versions but the wrong move for them was to add Skaarj in Player's Team. Heh, some things related to monsters are still interesting and not really meant to be forget.

Note: You can configure the Dropper to use the MonsterSpawn fixed monsters.

You need to take a closer look at the Readme file. If cows are dropping SniperRifles, you are just using one of the example
ini files I provided. You can configure it to have cows dropping nothing, or almost anything.... At whatever frequency you want.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Thursday, 08-Mar-2012, 10:12 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (MrLoathsome)
Will have to do some testing to make sure it is not caused by a mutator, or if it is an issue with Epic
code.

I guess so, first attempt to fix that was written in certain UTJMH versions (I'll look where is placed). I repeat, this seems to happen before FirstBlood any...

It compares health with default health and reassigned it if was wrong - even has a configurable value for default health of player. First time I though was an exagerate detail, but was a good reason to have that, and MH is a bit different (some functions are redefined, some are just copied from DM).

As I've seen, a new game-type need a BaseMutator to be declared runing as a brother of game, Shrimp did this in MH, but he wrote some things wrong there messing up a few details. For pawns exist a risk to be destroyed and need to be declared or boosted relevancy, is a lot of work with tests. I think in UTSPfix is necesary a BaseMutator a kind of - SPFIXMutator expand DMMutator -with a ModifyPlayer function added and containing rejection for ScriptedPawns to not attack them in any way (Skaarj and subclasses). Here I think will be the deal with health... also maybe some code from BerserkMonsters acting at 1.5 seconds (as I tested) can be a nice way to trigger monsters but not against themselves (maybe even a TeamTag is recommended - to make them friends), integrated BadMessages (including a monster dead killed by a lava or other monster by mistake).

Last time I was distracted by a few server exploits and I looked for fixes, hm, 50% I started to hate Epic's dudes.

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 01-May-2012, 1:04 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Quote (Nelsona)
Hm, I noticed other thing. Player joined later after some minutes, if is killed by a monster before FirstBlood, seems to respawn with 0 health and is not so hunted by any enemy bot or monster (totaly ignored but he can kill anything with default inventory - he cannot pick up something). Indeed comiting a suicide will restore order with 100 health.

Update on this. I am pretty sure at this point that something is happening wrong with the newbirds_beta1 that is causing that.
Did some testing, and I am able to recreate that by letting a bird kill me before I kill anything. No problem if any other monster kills
me 1st. I can't blame Epic for this one I guess....

Going to be looking into that closer soon, and if the problem is in the birds, it will be fixed.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Wednesday, 02-May-2012, 4:33 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Eh, I don't know if exist or not a trick in configuring these games attacking or not only bNoMonsters variable or not, but I didn't tested Birds, I used monsters from MonsterSpawn, once started server I joined, I was unlucky to meet monsters too close and they killed me under 3 seconds being a total ambush. Problem - I respawned, health 0, walking around, monsters ignoring me, only a lost projectile restored my good state or my own suicide. Is a problem trust me, not only at Birds. I'll pick some time to solve this I guess in ModifyPlayer function attached in some mutator as an expanded DMMutator, or simply rebuilding DMMutator (SPDMMutator ?)with missing things and with AlwaysKeep modified to have all kind of monsters on map, related to GameInfo probability to remove pawns (some pawns) by Engine.U itself (crap man - or not ?).

At least my calls to pawns were succesfull for missing monsters by default, even I have now some Flies spawned at dead bodies (I shared codes with Mars). I have to see if I can remove some function from MH named CountHunters since we have replicated NumPlayers and NumBots in default games and just need to be called in HUD not in game controller devastating speed for a double bullshit.

Message edited by Nelsona - Wednesday, 02-May-2012, 4:38 PM

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 03-May-2012, 3:27 AM | Message # 11
Colonel
Let me know what you find out. I did some testing the other night, and was only able to recreate that during online play, if
a bird killed me.

*Be sure to grab latest version of the UTSPFix for you testing. UTSPFix3 now available.

Minor functions such as Killed and Scorekill have been reworked for RC3.

Re: Fly swarms. The Dropper mutator could be used to add those anywhere something dies at whatever frequency you want......

Moo

NelsonaDate: Thursday, 03-May-2012, 7:13 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
Ok, I downloaded RC3. Now is morning and I'll go to work. I looked fast at codes, hm, you are really good. Interesting calls between Killed and Scorekill passing to BaseMutator, hm. I'll see tonight what is about. Of course, I want to check Damage, I'll let monsters to kill me before first blood. Indeed, I cannot predict what is happening if exist a FirstBlood drew by a monster not player but I'll check this a few times.

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 03-May-2012, 7:40 AM | Message # 13
Colonel
Cool, and thanks.

Let me know if what you track down there. Tested for a few hours tonight, and got it to happen again when killed by a pupae before
I did anything else.

This time, instead of just trying to get killed somehow and respawn the usual way, I committed suicide with the impact hammer.
When I respawned, all was normal again. 100 health etc. Not sure what that means yet, but it give me a place to start looking.
Before when that happened, the only way I was able to get my player reset correctly, was to reconnect to the server.

Am hoping this will be a simple fix. 1 extra check somewhere or something like that.

Everything else with this seems to be working perfect now, so I don't want to change it very much to fix this, but it must be fixed.

Quote (Nelsona)
Interesting calls between Killed and Scorekill passing to BaseMutator, hm. I'll see tonight what is about.

Let me know if you find out anything horrible I am doing there. It is a bit different as you noticed, but seems to be doing what I want.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Thursday, 03-May-2012, 5:10 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (MrLoathsome)
Let me know if you find out anything horrible I am doing there. It is a bit different as you noticed, but seems to be doing what I want.

Is not horrible (my opinion) I think is a good chain to pass forward all things related to killed scorekill, even any next mutator. I think this will avoid some troubles. Is just a new technology for me, even I see it logic. Until this moment to avoid accesed nones in more codes I saw calls to GameInfo not forward to subclasses. Is interesting and a good ideea, I guess anything forgoten can be debated later, just supposition.

Ok, now I'll start server-machine to set up some tests, I think this time I'll do a complete soup: ScriptedPawns, FlockPawns, Bots. First of all, I'll check player bugs and later server bugs (if exists any of them)

Message edited by Nelsona - Thursday, 03-May-2012, 5:13 PM

MrLoathsomeDate: Saturday, 05-May-2012, 9:28 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
I think, if this issue can be corrected the way I would like, it will be a modification to that last IF statement in the current UTSPFix3 Killed function.

Need to spend a bit of time looking at the epic code, and try to figure a way to prevent that 0 health respawn, without causing a new issue
while trying not to change what I have in RC3 currently. Need to find out exactly why that is happening, so the fix can be as efficient as
possible.

One of my main goals with this thing after fixing Epics Accessed None problems, was to make sure it did not change the default UT gametypes
in any other way. The extra scoring variables are all optional. They were so obvious and easy to do since I was already messing with the
functions that did the scoring, I had to add them. I am very sure none of that is causing the 0 health respawn problem however.

ATM the quick fix when that happens, is to either reconnect, or kill yourself with your impact hammer.

Quote (Nelsona)
Is not horrible (my opinion) I think is a good chain to pass forward all things related to killed scorekill, even any next mutator. I think this will avoid some troubles. Is just a new technology for me, even I see it logic. Until this moment to avoid accesed nones in more codes I saw calls to GameInfo not forward to subclasses. Is interesting and a good ideea, I guess anything forgoten can be debated later, just supposition.

Yes, it is also a bit experimental I think, but seems to be working well. Since this is always going to be the immediate child of one of the default gametypes, I think
the way I did that just skips over the broken parent, but since it is the primary gametype, retains compatibility with any mods or mutators.
(Correct me if I am wrong. Seems to be working right....)

Note: I have been able to recreate this situation, while being killed before I do anything, by both the UnrealI scriptedpawns, and the NewBirds_Beta1 flockpawns.

Of possible interest is that I have NOT been able to make this happen when I get killed by the Zombies5 pawns.
That could mean the answer might be somewhere in the zombiepawn code, or that I also have a minor bug in the zombiepawn code. LOL

Looking forward to your test results.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 06-May-2012, 7:02 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant colonel
This time I used SwarmSpawner configured with a decent load. I couldn't to recreate that problem this time, bots killing other bots already or a monster before to happen a FirstBlood delivered by a monster. Anyway I suggest to look for an expanded DMMutator, and force a check in ModifyPlayer (add it). I have something like this for MH and this bug not exist (and is about a game high loaded with monsters with more chances to see a FirstBlood delivered by Monsters. Also I think some FriendlyFire might help (or not ?), you can get a hit (any small damage at 0 health will call your RestartPlayer).

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 08-May-2012, 4:14 AM | Message # 17
Colonel
I will be doing some more testing to make sure that is fixed before the next RC.

Note minor bug in current version, game will not end at set frag limit in DM if you kill monsters.
Have to kill a player or bot before the match will actually end....

If you play games with only monsters in them, set a time limit. Hope to fix that also before next release.

*Edit - Significant progress made today I think.

The version of the Killed function I had in RC3 had a few issues that bothered me, and were also causing all
of the various issues mentioned in this thread so far. It mostly worked, but was a bit of a hack...

Some things were happening twice that shouldn't have, and other things that should have been happening, were not.

Next version will fix these all these issues.

I spent a bit of time studying the info available at this interesting page: Advanced_Language_Features and tried some new things that seem to be working much better.

Much more confident that this next version doesn't break anything.

The may even be a new option for the TDM_SP gametype. bCoopMode.
(Player/Bot teams v.s. monsters....., and each other if more than 1 Player/Bot teams are fighting the monsters)
Alpha testing on that looks very promising.

New update will be posted soon after more testing. Stay tuned...

Moo

NelsonaDate: Thursday, 10-May-2012, 6:59 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant colonel
That's right, I checked CTF-EternalCave, indeed might be a problem with SwarmSpawner but I still didn't noticed any crash just a common CTF. Monsters weren't spawned at all. SwarmSpawner for the moment has a complicated code for me, I don't think I can see where are troubles.

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 11-May-2012, 2:01 AM | Message # 19
Colonel
That error was a glitch in the SwarmSpawner, and has been fixed.
Problem was that some of the spawnpoints it was finding were invalid or had various issues.
I added some code the checks that all the locations found are valid before it adds them to the list.

Should be getting the fixed version of that uploaded soon. Still testing it out some on the servers and offline.

*Edit - Fixed version of SwarmSpawner is now available for download. That is hopefully the final.

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Saturday, 26-May-2012, 7:27 AM | Message # 20
Colonel
Quote (Nelsona)
This time I used SwarmSpawner configured with a decent load. I couldn't to recreate that problem this time, bots killing other bots already or a monster before to happen a FirstBlood delivered by a monster. Anyway I suggest to look for an expanded DMMutator, and force a check in ModifyPlayer (add it). I have something like this for MH and this bug not exist (and is about a game high loaded with monsters with more chances to see a FirstBlood delivered by Monsters. Also I think some FriendlyFire might help (or not ?), you can get a hit (any small damage at 0 health will call your RestartPlayer).

Nelsona. The times that you did get that issue where the player is killed before FirstBlood and respawns with 0 health, were you test offline or
did you have a test server setup? (And if you were testing on a dedicated server at that time, did you have the ScoreSave mutator running?)

I have been trying for hours to recreate that error this evening, both in practice matches and with listen server, but cannot get it to happen
again.
It does however still occur on the dedicated server. You are correct also that a check in ModifyPlayer might be able to correct the
issue. I noticed that each time this happens, the ScoreSave mutator on my server reports that the player has returned, and shows a
health value of 0 or less. (ScoreSave uses ModifyPlayer and writes the log entry from that function....)
Something is causing ModifyPlayer to get called, which shouldn't be happening at that point.

Going to run some tests on the server next, with the ScoreSave mutator removed, just to rule out that as the cause.
(Looking at the code for that, it could be....)

I am going to look deeper, and try to fix this without including any modification of DMMutator if possible.

If I can avoid any changes there, I think it will greatly increase the chances of this working with all existing mutators.
(or most of them anyways...)

Also, don't look too much at the last version of the UTSPFix I had posted here.
Current beta is much cleaner, and doesn't have that somewhat questionable call to the Killed function in it that you noticed.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Saturday, 26-May-2012, 6:55 PM | Message # 21
Lieutenant colonel
Was tested on a server (public) a dude even joined. First old tests were done using MonsterSpawn - spawned monsters at first seconds before to join anybody. Was easy to see this issue since I almost always spawned in the middle of Skaarj hacking me. In last version and SwarmSpawner I didn't noticed that problem (each time a bot killed other bot or any PlayerPawn delivering FirstBlood before a monster). Yes, in server I used ScoreSaver (some connection problems might affect player and this is not wanted in these game-types), I looked at logs - I saw strange restore of health 60 50 or any, even if I remember I spawned at these values and I ran fast to get some health around. I just noticed this problem because in MH I've never seen it due to that forced check.

Of course, looking at these games with Monsters I really cannot determine why this controller might run so fast, I mean some Skaarj spawned got their weapons, a log is showed related to an old weapon spawned which is replaced imediately and Skaarj is already holding it (I think he missed weapon in 1 of 150 cases being instigated too fast and strafing away from spawn location). I run also that monsterresizer and I set timer to 0.5 seconds, even with this, Skaarjs are awsome. I have in MH some ticks and timers and I guess I cannot slap codes in a better speed. To fix monsters I need something timed controlled or else they are a mess, these tweaks are altering the speed of skaarj and I gave up at replacements doing them in a timer spying weaponry spawned in game to not mess with an old one without Net Code. Why not works default replacement ? I must think more.

Back to UTSPfix - I want to see how runs updated SwarmSpawner - in this case I need to think if that issues was or not visible. Anyway SwarmSpawner is not a bad option.

Message edited by Nelsona - Saturday, 26-May-2012, 7:07 PM

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 27-May-2012, 7:11 AM | Message # 22
Colonel
Quote (Nelsona)
Yes, in server I used ScoreSaver (some connection problems might affect player and this is not wanted in these game-types), I looked at logs - I saw strange restore of health 60 50 or any, even if I remember I spawned at these values and I ran fast to get some health around. I just noticed this problem because in MH I've never seen it due to that forced check.

Thanks for that info. Confirms what I found in yesterdays testing.
Note, I was unable to recreate the issue running regular default UT DM gametype.
This tells me I must fix the issue in the UTSPFix somewhere. (I have some ideas on where to look next....)

Note, when the log line from ScoreSave shows players reconnecting with 50 or 60 health, that is working the way it should. They probably
had 50 or 60 health when they got disconnected. When the 0 health respawn issue occurs, it will show them with 0 or a negative number
as health.

Those weapon carrying skaarj are problems with a number of maps and mutators I have found.
I solved that problem in the latest version of BadNews by just removing those types of Skaarj from the list of monsters
being spawned....

No idea how MH handles any of these issues, as I have never even looked at the source for that. (On purpose....)

Moo

NelsonaDate: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 5:41 AM | Message # 23
Lieutenant colonel
I studied these and I noticed something doubled
Code

else ScoreKill(Killer, Other);

In this case I think is a double call to ScoreKill since is already called. Broadcasting this function or logging this call when a monster is killed will triger it twice ? I looked at default CTF and I ripped a few codes for other MH technology. In last position using this suggestion I noticed a double broadcast and even anounced DOUBLEKILL. (In MH, monsters killed are anounced as a broadcast in function ScoreKill - at least this is old style). I stopped calls to GameInfo and I didn't observed troubles, I just put all killing conditions and things are working without Accesed Nones. Anyway is a good point to not step back.

Message edited by Nelsona - Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 5:43 AM

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 12-Jun-2012, 6:17 AM | Message # 24
Colonel
Yes, there was some duplicate calls I think in the last version that was posted.

Those functions have been re-coded yet again for the current version. Hope to have that posted here soon.

Don't spend too much time looking at the last version I posted here, as the code has been changed a bit
since then.

*Edit - Next RC will have config menus for the new options. Getting those done will delay the next RC a bit....

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 19-Jun-2012, 6:49 AM | Message # 25
Colonel
This has been updated. Check downloads.

Moo

Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » UTSPfix Discussion (Asked reports test results)
Page 1 of 3123»
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017