Last week I was looking through some mutators I had collected 6 or 8 years ago.
Found the good old Bleeder mutator and tossed it on my server.
Effect was almost good, but a few minor problems.
1. Mutator had a log statement in the timer function..... Thats not real good unless you like
2mb log files generated for 1 level.
2. Mutator had a tendency to generate so many Accessed = None errors in the log file that
the server would lock up or restart quite often.
3. Mutator seemed to have an issue with leaving stray blood streams shooting off at random locations in the map.
4. Mutator tended to lag the server a bit.
Rather than just remove the mutator, I decided to fix it. Only had to comment out 1 line, and add a break; statement
in one of the functions. Only tested a couple of hours, but it seems fine now.
So here it is. No Readme for this one. Just unzip the attached file and put the B.u and B.int file in your
Yes, there is a reason the mutator name is now so short.
I discovered last week that if your serverline gets to be over 512 characters long, automatic client travel to the
next map breaks. Client has to reconnect manually. Everything else seems to work, but you get pretty much
disconnected on each map change. At least on my linux server thats what happens....
So anyway, I renamed and recompiled several mutators that run server side only so I could shorten that line.
This is one of those. Add "B.B" to your mutators= part of your serverline for dedicated servers.
Source code is included, so if you with to rename it BleederMutatorFixedWithARealLongName feel free.
I usually would credit the original author, but for some reason he/she failed to put a name on the original code...
They were so close....