Friday, 28-Jul-2017  00:00:00
Enhanced Coop  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 2«12
Forum moderator: MrLoathsome 
Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » UT2U1 - Must Have for all gametypes. (This fixes many issues, and makes the game run faster.)
UT2U1 - Must Have for all gametypes.
NelsonaDate: Thursday, 13-Jun-2013, 7:33 AM | Message # 26
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Oops, bad move for mapvote ? I think MapVote is trying to set game-type and to force the BaseMutator declared in default properties. As long as UT2U1 wants to enter the stage and mapvote is trying original I believe will cause an endless loop, I think I'll check this Mapvote, I have source_code if I recall well because is time to solve that thing with package check failure, that encyption style is not a charm. As I remember, a game-type will load BaseMutator itself without to be doubled from outside - NOW I understand why some admins aren't using MAPVOTE. This also happened for me a few times in the past when I tried to remove BaseMutator - ONLY when MAPVOTE was used. Not sure about effects if even Nexgen tries other deal with game-types...  wacko

Or... wait a minute, maybe we need to fool mapvote properly calling something like "Level.Game.Default.MutatorClass = Self (or other class)". I have to try this ... at home. Also checking if is initialized once to not be called again.

Message edited by Nelsona - Thursday, 13-Jun-2013, 7:37 AM

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 13-Jun-2013, 7:48 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Nelsona.    Double check my last post on page 1.    I was editing it a bit while you were posting you last message.    LOL

I am thinking NOTHING else should be messing with BaseMutator, EXCEPT for this craaaazy thing. tongue

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 18-Jun-2013, 10:02 AM | Message # 28
Lieutenant colonel
I am now sure that NOTHING else should be messing with BaseMutator except this thing.

Something different happens in the way the engine processes the BaseMutator that is different
than how it processes normal mutators.

It work with mapvote, and eveything else I have tried it with, EXCEPT other gametypes that
change BaseMutator...

Mapvote works fine with this as long as you have UT2U1.UT2U1 as first mutator in both your
servers startup script and in the mutators list in the mapvote ini file.

Note I have only tested this with 2 versions of mapvote so far.   They must be putting themselves at
the end of the Mutators= list, or everything would break.   If there is a mapvote version out there that
puts itself at the start of the mutators list with this, it would break things.

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Wednesday, 17-Jul-2013, 4:43 AM | Message # 29
Lieutenant colonel
Bump.   Check the downloads section for RC4 of this, which is probably the final.

Believe all the issues reported in this thread have been resolved.   Thanks for the feedback.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Thursday, 18-Jul-2013, 7:34 AM | Message # 30
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
I downloaded RC4, I'll do a check another time. At this moment I have a reworked Mutator for CTF. MY target is to customize Base mutator for each game-type doing even other small fixes specific for that game. I don't need MH fixes in CTF or vice-versa just my common fixes. By example:
- (suggestion at least) I won't update bStatic actors at 100 frequency, why to load slot useless (already Epic showed a TorchFlame case which should not mess bandwidth at useless spam frequency);
- I'm not agree with movers to be accesed only by people in these games with monsters - even with issues (I started to enjoy these left open doors - I think won't fix this in end), I have monsters hunting;
- I cannot see a crappy default mover why need to be updated at 100 frequency since works fine at 10 and A.I. can see through movers anyway;
- small tweak for RememberSpot and ShowPath to be available ON-LINE (admin at v451 anybody at v436);
- etc.

Is not a huge mutator but is doing basics properly. I played a lot last time, indeed I left coding last few days, just playing, even I modified a default stock map to test new A.I. tweaks - conclusion: I'll replace original, and I'll do the same with other stock maps. Others, collected and implemented for dedicated servers assuming quality are about to be removed. Is simple, they have 0 logic at A.I. settings, defence points out of visibility to the flag and enemy having alternate paths to stole flag undisturbed by defenders. Is this nice ? I think is stupid - people calling stupid a bot, this is dumbness in mapping not stupid bot. I can setup a defender to jump like burned when enemy is coming closer to flag and more strategic positions for defence.

Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » UT2U1 - Must Have for all gametypes. (This fixes many issues, and makes the game run faster.)
Page 2 of 2«12
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017