Page 1 of 11
Forum moderator: MrLoathsome 
Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » SwarmSpawner Q&A + discussion
SwarmSpawner Q&A + discussion
MrLoathsomeDate: Saturday, 05-May-2012, 10:18 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0
Post your SwarmSpawn.ini files and any bug reports or questions here.

ATM, the only issue so far with this, is on 1 map. CTF-Gladiator. It spawns nothing on that map.

I suspect the issue is with the map itself, as there are a few other warnings in the logs regarding unusable spawnpoints
when running this map regardless.

Other than that, it seems to be working well in testing since release.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Sunday, 06-May-2012, 6:45 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
Thanks for this tool, Sir. I configured some classes including Birds3, things seems to be OK. Even I played with another guy and not a single match. What can I say ? I already told, here is a quality place and improvements are showed up as well. happy

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 08-May-2012, 3:46 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
*Found another map that has an issue with this mutator. CTF-EternalCave
The precache can fail for only some of the entries in the SS.ini file, which causes a flood of accessed nones.

Going to try some things to fix this, which should also fix the issue with nothing spawning on CTF-Gladiator also.

Moo

medorDate: Monday, 28-May-2012, 9:36 AM | Message # 4
Private
it is advisable to add modes with?

UTSPfix ?
BerserkMonsters ?

NelsonaDate: Monday, 28-May-2012, 7:53 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
I used them both, in fact I used UTSPfix as a game with monsters and BerserkMonsters in purpose more to trigger monsters against Bots (I don't see other solution in this case), monsters are fighting each-others if are different classes (I set only this) but they spawn enough to have a normal load. If Mr. Loathsome is permitting some suggestions, of course I have:

1) Setting a TeamTag for monsters and studying some SYF code (I have a small improvement for that one) and avoiding triggering them against other monsters to act as team can be interesting;

2) TeamTag seems to be a slow code, in a function like AlwaysKeep not worked I used a delayed tick to have checks each 300 ms (they really look like friends - including SkaarjBerserkers - speaking about a loaded MH code used by me);

3) As result for my ideeas, was needed to tweak armed Skaarj or else will mess up their weapons due to a hard loaded controller;

4) Ticks and timers added and called by Controllers and/or BaseMutators seems to be a problem for pawns slowing down some codes;

5) Maybe someone in someday will teach me what I need to add or to remove keeping tweaks OK as much as possible;

6) Assumed native crashes not happened until this moment in UTSPfix even with that MoreGore mutator which spawns a lot of chunks (I boosted this setting and and didn't noticed troubles) - on the other side, for MH - these are removed by default or else might crash server randomly in certain maps not perfect done.

Message edited by Nelsona - Monday, 28-May-2012, 7:56 PM

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 29-May-2012, 4:26 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Nelsona,

Currently, the latest release of BadNews (RC4) does a better job than the BerserkMonsters mutator of getting the monsters and bots
to fight with each other. Note, you can disable the spawns on headshots etc now if you wish, but the monsters and bots will still fight more.

I did do a bit of testing with SwarmSpawner having it summon the pawns found in the TeamMonsters.u file with mixed results.
That is actually the next thing I am going to be working on for the UTSPFix. Team assignments and handling.
Most of that will only be for the TDM_SP gametype, although I may check to see if DM_SP can also make use of those settings
for the monsters.

Hope to post an update for that soon, depending upon how that goes. Testing some of this stuff can be quite time consuming....

As you noticed, careless or unnecessary use of ticks and timers can cause performance and other issues. I have been avoiding overuse of
those functions whenever possible.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Tuesday, 29-May-2012, 7:11 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
TeamMonsters ? I really want to hear results.

Those are abstracted TeamCannons ? I want to know if won't be a problem in UTSPfix since in MH might hang server (in UTJMH4xx was diabled damage of TeamCannons versus monsters). How to trigger them against other pawns ? I don't know. They react usually if are wounded or attacked as I know.

MrLoathsomeDate: Tuesday, 29-May-2012, 9:14 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Yes. Still not sure how the TeamMonsters will end up working with this.
So far primary difference is that they will not attack other TeamMonsters of the same kind, even with BerserkMonsters or BadNews running.

Moo

NelsonaDate: Tuesday, 29-May-2012, 4:28 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant colonel
Indeed because they aren't ScriptedPawns, maybe I'll point you to other classes if you are curious about that so called XPawn from some Invasion mod (I think is not the best ever stuff - I really don't understand rebel coding of pawns with problems others than default subclasses because they look identical, but might break some scoring rules)

TeamScriptedPawns as being TeamCannons abstracted can be triggered by some proximity with a normal trigger, they attack immediately at trigger stimulus not really by default.

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 02-Oct-2015, 0:58 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Advanced use example.   (File attached.   Rename it as SwarmSpawn.ini for use.)

In the prior SwarmSpawn example files, I used bGreenBlood to show how to tweak a value for the
spawns being spawned.   This worked, but was not really good for actual gameplay.  The carcass
for the pawns, would revert to the default red blood, as well as the gibs.   SwarmSpawn can fix these issues.

This example SwarmSpawn.ini file will demonstrate how to set global values, and change
default values for a pawn that are a Class.

Code
[SwarmSpawn.SS]
;CheckRate=0.330
CheckRate=1.0
bDebugMode=False
bSpawnAtStart=True
bTrooperGunDrop=False

Note bSpawnAtStart is set True.  This is needed when using the Global Settings option.

These next 2 lines set some global variables for the Zombies.

Qty=0 and use of the bPS=True option in each SSet parameter are both required to trigger the Global Setting.

First line sets the bGreenBlood variable true and sets default Health at 100 for ALL the TWT_Zombies in the game.
Including those added by other mutators such as the Dropper or the Zombies mutator included with the Zombies5 package.
Zombies5.TWT_ZombiePawn is the parent class for all 19 of the TWT Zombies.

The 2nd line, sets bGreenBlood off, and alters the SightRadius for Just the 6 zombies that are child classes of the TWT_ZombieBalin.

Code
SwarmInfo[0]=(SwarmClass="Zombies5.TWT_ZombiePawn",Qty=0,SSet0=(SName="bGreenBlood",SVal="True",bPS=True),SSet1=(SName="Health",SVal="100.0",bPS=True))
SwarmInfo[1]=(SwarmClass="Zombies5.TWT_ZombieBalin",Qty=0,SSet0=(SName="bGreenBlood",SVal="False",bPS=True),SSet1=(SName="SightRadius",SVal="500.0",bPS=    True))

The only way I could come up with to get the Zombie carcasses/gibs to have GreenBlood without actually editing and recompiling
the package was to force them to use the UnrealI.Mercenary carcass.
This line is required to force the Mercenary and subsequently the MercCarcass classes to exist.
If it is missing, the pawns spawned with end up with CarcassClass=None.
Code
SwarmInfo[2]=(SwarmClass="UnrealI.Mercenary",Qty=0,SSet0=(SName="bGreenBlood",SVal="True",bPS=True))

In order to now use the MercCarcass for a Zombie that is being spawned use this SSet parameter:

Code
SSet3=(SName="CarcassType",SVal="Class'UnrealI.MercCarcass'")

Change the 3 to the appropriate index value.....
See the attached example file for more detail.   It also shows
how to change values related to the speed and jumping ability of the Zombies.

The attached example ini will result in the Nurse Zombies and the Gordo Zombies having carcassas with
green blood and green gibs.  The Balin Zombies will have red blood and red gibs.   The 2 Traci Zombies will
have green blood and red gibs.   Any non-Balin Zombies added by other mutators, will have green blood and red gibs.

This example requires the Zombies5 and the NewBirds packages be available.
If you don't want the Birds, Bats, Fly and Manta in your game, delete SwarmInfo lines 19-23.

*Edit.   Have noticed 1 small glitch when using this.   If I find a fix for that, I will update.
Attachments: SwarmSpawn_1001.ini(5Kb)

Moo

Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Mutators » SwarmSpawner Q&A + discussion
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017