Monday, 25-Sep-2017  00:00:00
Enhanced Coop  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 212»
Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Campaigns » <EXU2> G59 (available)
<EXU2> G59
CoreDate: Thursday, 31-May-2012, 11:11 PM | Message # 1
Major
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1

The first 4 maps (Phase 1 - v1.5F) of this campaign have been released.

*Note: the coop servers are now running V1.5F

UBerserkerDate: Monday, 11-Jun-2012, 12:42 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Version 1.3 is out!
http://www.mediafire.com/?4e27gc119nderzc
Contain some small gameplay changes for Coop mode. Demon Pillars only in SP. Forgot to make those meteors in Map 1 skybox viewable in Coop but whatever, next time.

Once it's updated I'll probablyyyyyyyy join the server just to see that myself. Wow I actually return into UT Online after more than a decade

Message edited by UBerserker - Monday, 11-Jun-2012, 12:46 PM

CoreDate: Monday, 11-Jun-2012, 11:48 PM | Message # 3
Major
Cool! I'll try updating the servers one of these days, will probably have it ready by the weekend.

Also note that the two ECoop servers run a custom GameType/HUD which is still in beta and the "ECoop +AKoop" one is heavily modified. The "Oldskool ECoop" one is the closest to "normal". There was an EXU2 only server running the EXU2 gametype, but Mr.Loathsome temporary took that one down in anticipation of the final release (and probably also of the electricity bill wacko faint ). Thought I'd mention that to avoid different expectations.

Looking forward to test the new tweaks online , oh and welcome wine .

UBerserkerDate: Saturday, 16-Jun-2012, 5:34 PM | Message # 4
Private
LOoooooooooooool that was fucking hilarious biggrin
Didn't finish Map 3 but so far everything else worked almost as intended. I'll check Map 4 some other day.

Pretty sure I have a clear vision of the stuff which needs to be fixed, aka everything related to skyboxes, also some weapon related stuff. And yeah the translocator. Will add it in the EXMap Info actor (or in some other way) unless you update the gametype as you said.

CoreDate: Saturday, 16-Jun-2012, 5:57 PM | Message # 5
Major
Haha that was loads of fun indeed evil hippy ! We should give it a try on the AKcoop sever one day, that one is even more insane. Will try to get ECoop updated as soon as i got the time to deal with some of those issues.

Looking forward to the next version, however, take your time when updating the mappack, no need to hurry. As you probably already know, you can always quickly fire up a local server with a simple batch script should you want to bugtest your coop tweaks/fixes by yourself during development.

Keep up the good work wink .

UBerserkerDate: Saturday, 16-Jun-2012, 9:33 PM | Message # 6
Private
Damn people weren't joking on how difficult can be Map 4. I hope that crash wasn't caused by too many decals and carcasses around.
There's still stuff to do to make these levels more enjoyable in Coop, but I'm happy they already work nicely online. EXU 2 Demo 5 will come with so many bugfixes as well, yay!

CoreDate: Saturday, 16-Jun-2012, 9:48 PM | Message # 7
Major
Hmm, the server simply exited with an exit message, just like a regular shut down, no critical log entries of any kind:

Code
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Allocation checking disabled
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Sat Jun 16 14:31:30 2012

Dunno what triggered that exit, so I can't really say whether it's map related or not. Personally I doubt it.

I'm also curious as to how this will turn out with demo 5, with its many new features.

UBerserkerDate: Saturday, 16-Jun-2012, 10:03 PM | Message # 8
Private
Thanks god it was nothing critical (I hope)

As for Demo 5, I'll have to see. Waff said it adds tons of stuff and changes many of the pre-existing actors, and I'm quite scared because I wouldn't know where to begin. All the four levels will be probably converted and released in the same day when Demo 5 comes out. As for the remaining 10+ending maps, who knows when I'll complete them all. Phase 2 will just be the full thing (15 maps in total, you can see their titles in the g59 maplist).

UBerserkerDate: Wednesday, 04-Jul-2012, 12:04 PM | Message # 9
Private
Just to warn, 1.4 will be coming out this Saturday. Will have all the AlwaysRelevant fixes for the skyboxes, coop-only items to make the levels more fun in ECoop and a bit of amped difficulty.

MrLoathsomeDate: Thursday, 05-Jul-2012, 7:02 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Quote (Core)
There was an EXU2 only server running the EXU2 gametype, but Mr.Loathsome temporary took that one down in anticipation of the final release (and probably also of the electricity bill wacko faint ). Thought I'd mention that to avoid different expectations.

It, (the EXU2 server), will probably not be back, unless I win the lottery or something.

Currently I lose $30 a month on my internet connection. Have 1 client left that pays $60 a month to have me process 1 file.
Soon as that goes away, I will probably cancel both the internet and the phone.
Total donations to the server fund for the last 5 years = $0.00

Note all the servers will be down for a little while here tonight. Last 3 days in a row I have had to reset the AKCoop/Ecoop
server because it had the CPU so hammered that the temps were setting off the motherboard alarm. (Hitting 70 - 71*C)
Always on an EXU2 or G59 map when that happens...

Going to pop the case open and clean off the fans to see if that helps. Then will get them restarted.

Moo

UBerserkerDate: Saturday, 14-Jul-2012, 12:04 PM | Message # 11
Private
Even though EXU maps are currently turned off in the servers, I just warn you that I released 1.5 yesterday. Map 3 and 4 look different lighting-wise, and I hope I fixed the skybox stuff correctly. There are other fixes too.

MrLoathsomeDate: Wednesday, 25-Jul-2012, 1:50 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
Both ECoop servers updated to v1.5 of the G59 maps.

The Oldskool server seems to be handling things well at the moment.

Just made a few minor adjustments to the AK/ECoop server, and will be testing to see if EXU2 stuff still
is eating unacceptable levels of CPU cycles.

*Edit - 7/29/12
Adjustments seem to have helped. G59 is available on the Oldskool/ECoop server ATM.
Should have the EXU and G59 maps back on the AKcoop server after the hardware upgrade.

Moo

Message edited by MrLoathsome - Monday, 30-Jul-2012, 7:19 AM

UBerserkerDate: Sunday, 29-Jul-2012, 5:19 PM | Message # 13
Private
Uploaded in the main thread the fixed version of Map 3. Shouldn't crash anymore
Stupid Pathing crap.

MrLoathsomeDate: Monday, 30-Jul-2012, 10:51 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Fixed version of Map 3 now up on the Oldskool Ecoop server.

Made it past the crash point this time, but still didn't make it over the bridge.

Hope to test it further in a day or 2. Gotta work 2 shifts tomorrow.
Must sleep now.

Moo

UBerserkerDate: Monday, 30-Jul-2012, 4:37 PM | Message # 15
Private
It doesn't crash anymore.

I just need to know how to make Translocators respawn online, then I'll release the last patch today. Sorry for the trouble.

UBerserkerDate: Tuesday, 31-Jul-2012, 12:44 PM | Message # 16
Private
1.5F OUT
Always from the same thread. Changes are in the last post and in the readme.

Let's hope this is the final patch grrrr

MrLoathsomeDate: Wednesday, 01-Aug-2012, 2:00 AM | Message # 17
Lieutenant colonel
Oldskool/Ecoop server updated to v1.5f.

Still waiting on server parts before I put it on the AK/Ecoop.

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Wednesday, 01-Aug-2012, 4:06 AM | Message # 18
Lieutenant colonel
Update.

I have turned the EXU2 server back on, and it now has the G59 v1.5f maps on it, as well as the EXU2-Demo4 and
a few other mappacks.

Server IP still 69.210.212.203:8777

Use command "Mutate bdbmapvote votemenu" to switch maps/mappacks.

Will probably leave it up for at least a month. Perhaps longer, depending upon what the next electric bill looks like,
and how much I play on it.....

Moo

UBerserkerDate: Thursday, 02-Aug-2012, 6:05 PM | Message # 19
Private
Unfortunately that stupid PlayerStart still fucks up the Checkpoint system even with CoopStart being turned off :<

Another thing is that Map 4 (ONLINE) crashes in my case once too many decals appear (you know that map is a huge clusterfuck of everything), though I'd wish to know if this is simply something on my part and if I turn off decals I won't ever crash.

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 03-Aug-2012, 1:40 AM | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
Not sure about the checkpoint system issue. Since I am not exactly sure what that is, I probably wouldn't have noticed
if something was amiss with it.

Map 4 is indeed crazy. (and crazy fun biggrin )

In testing on the EXU2 server, it seems the server lags the most when a lot of projectiles are in the air in that large open
area. Multiple flares going off has the same effect.

I have removed the blood and gore mutators for the moment so no extra decals will be spawned, and also removed the extra monsters.
Don't recall if there are settings in the exu ini files regarding decals, but I will check in a bit, and turn them off or down
if I find any.

Note, I still have the extra flares and guns spawning now and then, but that shouldn't be a problem for testing things as usage of them
is optional.

Moo

UBerserkerDate: Tuesday, 21-Aug-2012, 5:50 PM | Message # 21
Private
Waffnuffly said that the heat-ups on various maps like Perditus shouldn't really happen in Coop. Apparently it may be caused by items dropped by the enemies - and they release a very high amount of them.
Not to mention, when a player full of items (especially Flares) dies, he will release literally waterfalls of Flares (almost like... 100+ Flares?). If this thing is abused, getting to 1000+Flares inside a map, ping rises to almost 800 and slowdowns are heavy as hell.

Overall, item dropping by enemies and players need to be toned down a lot.

MrLoathsomeDate: Sunday, 26-Aug-2012, 10:01 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant colonel
The good fix would be a way to limit the max # of flares a player can carry and/or drop when killed.

Item dropping on the AKcoop/Ecoop server has been reduced considerably.
It does still have the random startup guns and the rebels, spitfires and other ecoop additions.

Just played G59-04 for over 2 hours, and nowhere near halfway thru it I don't think....

I am guessing it would take a very, very LONG time to finish that map on the Olskool/Ecoop server.

Haven't attempted that yet.

UB. Let me know if you need to test anything online using the exucoopgame2 instead of ecoop.

I can fire up the other machine if needed for testing.
It may be online off and on, depending upon if I feel like playing on it.

Moo

MrLoathsomeDate: Monday, 27-Aug-2012, 4:34 AM | Message # 23
Lieutenant colonel
Something very odd happened with the AKcoop/Ecoop server yesterday. Never seen this before with any map or gametype.

I went back to the server 18-20 later, and it was still in the same game on G59-04. (The LargeMarge I had summoned was still in the same spot.)
A few others had played a little bit on according to the logs.

Here is the weird thing..... There were a variety of EXU2 monsters all shooting at each other non-stop, but none of them were being damaged.
Also, I wasn't taking any damage either. I could not kill myself or any of the exu2 monsters with any gun.

But it gets weirder... I turned loose a few of the Ecoop RebelSkaarj and Spitfires, and those did take damage and got killed in short order.

Everything else seemed to be working normally. Nothing weird in the log file. I have no idea what was going on with that....

Moo

UBerserkerDate: Tuesday, 04-Sep-2012, 9:01 PM | Message # 24
Private
Yeah I guess I jump in to say what's going on

Waffnuffly is releasing EXU2 Open Beta soon, which is basically the next EXU2 version. Unlike the rest though, Waffnuffly will update it weekly (or per two weeks), which is going to be a bit problematic because you need to patch the server with the new files from time to time.
I'm not jumping online for a big while since I'm working on the next stuff for G59. When the next EXU2 BI comes out, I will need to re-update G59 to the new version (otherwise it won't work) and I don't know how much time it will take for me to fix it (possibly a week in total).

MrLoathsomeDate: Friday, 07-Sep-2012, 10:07 PM | Message # 25
Lieutenant colonel
Looking forward to that next version, but still not sure how often I will be able to get it updated.
Will probably wait a while after the initial release of it, and see how things go.

Note, I have been unable to re-create that weirdness I described in the previous post.

With the current settings on the AK/Ecoop server, I have been able to finish both G59-04 and BI-15 a couple of times without
major issues.

Moo

Forum » Map Packs, Mods & Mutators » Campaigns » <EXU2> G59 (available)
Page 1 of 212»
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2017